Photobucket

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We got our crib!!!

We saved up and finally had enough to go get our crib!  We were even more excited because we thought we would have to order it but they had one in stock so my wonderful parents came with me tonight and helped me get the crib!  It is beautiful!  I cannot wait for Jim and I to set it up but until then and until we get actual real pictures, here is a picture the manufacture Sorelle took of the crib and the nursery furniture that matches it!  We registered for the bottom wide dresser and a matching changing table (not shown in pic) at baby depot and eventually we would love to get the tall dresser and matching hutch to go on top!  This crib is awesome because not only is it beautiful but it's a 4-in-1 crib, which means it will convert to a toddler bed, day bed and then full bed with head and foot board, so it can move and grow as our child does!

Here is a close up of the crib...



I LOVE dark wood.  We got it in Espresso!  I think it will match all the beautiful bright colors we picked out for our bedding, which is being made right now!  Buying this crib was a BIG deal for us, a big step knowing that sooner or later we will, Lord willing, become parents this summer or fall most likely!  We just cannot wait and are even more excited now that we have one more piece of the nursery bought!

ADOPTION GARAGE SALE NOTICE:

We were going to have our BIG adoption garage sale Thurs-Sat the 20th-22nd but my grandparents both passed away unexpectantly on Monday and calling hours are Thursday and the funeral is Friday and so we are going to reschedule it.  So if you still have items you would like to donate, PLEASE LET US KNOW!  We have received lots from everyone and we APPRECIATE SO MUCH!  We are thinking about having it June 3rd, 4th and 5th but will decide soon and let you know!  We will be putting it in the paper and online at the newspaper website and on craigslist and reminding everyone on here and facebook!  


Thank you everyone from the bottom of our hearts for all your prayers and support during the past few days since my grandparents deaths.  Our family has such an amazing peace and strength that only comes from the Lord.  Knowing they were both able to see our Savior's face on the same day...makes us so happy and at peace!  We found out that grandpa must have passed away during a mid-afternoon nap in his sleep and when grandma went to wake him to eat probably, she found him dead and then tried to dial 911 but we are guessing had a heart attack and then died.  The newspaper interviewed my dad today because they said our situation is a special thing because you hardly see where two married people pass away the same day and not in an accident and they wondered how our family was getting through it so well and in such unity and so through the interview my Dad was able to talk about how only by God and our faith we have been able to get through this because we know they are home, they are with Jesus and dad was even able to share the gospel!  So very soon, a special write-up will be in our local paper about our family, our loss and hopefully if they actually put in the words my dad said, God will get glory through this article and I pray hearts will be touched and hopefully changed for God as they see God in our lives through this journey we are going through!

In His amazing grip,

3 comments:

  1. praying for you and your family!!!

    I LOVE THE CRIB!! I think dark wood is gorgeous too - but it wouldn't go with any of our stuff, so Tucker's crib is white. (we already had a crib from our time as foster parents) ... I can't wait to see pictures of your completed nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you and your family for continued peace!!

    That crib is gorgeous!!! I am excited to see it with the new bedding you are getting made. How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you and your family!!!

    I LOVE THE CRIB!! I think dark wood is gorgeous too - but it wouldn't go with any of our stuff, so Tucker's crib is white. (we already had a crib from our time as foster parents) ... I can't wait to see pictures of your completed nursery! :)

    ReplyDelete