*I got in the material I ordered for the valances for the windows in the nursery and my mom is wanting to make them for the baby, which I think is so cool so she now has the material and will be making the valances soon! The valance fabric is the same fabric as the crib bumper pad will be!
*As you know from the previous post we have our crib...YAY...but it's not set up yet and we realized we probably will not set it up for a few weeks because we want to paint the room first before setting it all up!
*We are going to go with a light to medium tan/brown/beige color for the nursery because of all the bright colors in the bedding and valances, I figure it would balance it this way and tie in the beautiful dark wood from the crib! I am SO excited! My dad is going to come hopefully in two weeks and help me paint it! He's an amazing painter!
*Our friend Shaun is an artist and can draw and paint beautifully and she is going to paint a big tree on one of the walls in the nursery for us! So excited for that too!
*Oh yeah...so I was a little picky about picking out my diaper bag but I finally found the one and got it as one of my birthday presents! If you know me at all, you know I don't spend money on purses or shoes or things like that so this is out of my nature, but I did want this one even though pricey because of hoping it would last a long time due to its amazing techy stuff (i'll explain) and i LOVED the style. I heard from many friends that backpacks are the way to go and this one is a backpack that can convert to over the shoulder or messenger style too! Here is the bag...it should be here any day now!
It's beautiful, gender neutral and really well made with crazy awesome reviews from other moms! It's backpack style but like I said it can change into over the shoulder or messenger style! It has magnets to secure instead of velcro so it's not noisy or doesn't tear clothing, metal hardware instead of plastic, Thinsulate in bottle holders that will keep bottles warm or cold for 3 hours, AgION which is a anti-microbial water-proof linings inside to keep out bacteria/funk, the outside fabric is covered with Dupont Teflon so all things you might spill on it can easily come right off, machine washable and will not lose the Dupont Teflon, memory foam changing pad, light linings on the inside so you can find your things without having the black hole effect, lots of neat little storage places and things for mom, crum drains in the back of the bag...to check out a video of the bag... go to this link... Ju Ju Be Packabe info/video
*Thank you all on here, facebook and all the texts, cards, visits and what not that you have done for us this week as I lost both my grandpa and grandma rose. Actually, most of this week went by pretty well and God gave us amazing peace & strength!
I've rejoiced SO MANY times throughout this week that my grandparents are in the presence of our Savior and that could not make me happier...yet why I'm still sad and why I'm still grieving a little is because the rest of us are not there yet, we are not home yet and until that day comes, a piece of me will be aching for our home, to see my four children and grandparents and most of all to see my Savior face to face!
*Yesterday was my 26th birthday and THANK YOU so much to all of you that gave me lots of birthday wishes on facebook or by text/call! Since we are still resting up from this emotional week, Jim and I just stayed home and celebrated my birthday by relaxing and Jim grilled out and cooked us some amazing food and got me a DQ birthday cake! He is such a sweety!
*Well, I think that is it for now! We still have not finalized when we are having the adoption garage sale so I'll let ya know as soon as we figure it out! We are guessing it will be June 3-5th but need to confirm! June 5th is also the 80's themed dance/benefit for our adoption that our friend is throwing for us! All are welcome! See me if you need more details!
Sorry this has been a random post with many sorts of things in it...thanks for reading and most of all thanks for praying!
In His amazing grip,

From one fundraiser to another....I wouldn't have your huge yard sale on the same weekend as the other fundraiser. :( You will be bone tired after 3 days of selling...it's hard work! I know after 3!!! ;) Good luck with that, I know it's hard when things get changed around unexpectedly.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about the loss of your grandparents. Yet, I'm glad that they are there to hold their 4 great-grandbabies. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd happy belated birthday!
That diaper bag? Ho-ly COW! That is NICE! Thanks for describing all the features. I'm all about the nifty details of bags. Lol. And I love the print!
happy belated birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteafter Katrina, I asked for a Fleurville diaper bag for my bday. I, too, never spent big bucks on anything but was so bummed that I figured, why not! Isabella at the time was almost one. almost $125, 4 1/2 yrs later and one more baby I can't wait to use that bag again! no regrets and it held up quite nicely!! :)
I have a friend who loves her Ju Ju Be!! Actually adores it!! and honestly has owned about 7 diaper bags (she just never found one that she was happy with) so she knows the good from the bad!
ReplyDelete