Photobucket

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Waiting...

May 12th was the day we were approved and put on our adoption agencies waiting list so that means we have officially been waiting for 19 days so far and I know that's not even a month yet but I tell ya this waiting is hard!

I think one of the BIGGEST things that is hard about this waiting process is that when we were getting our home study done and when we were working on getting on the waiting list, we were constantly having to do something or go somewhere and we were in daily contact with the agency.  Now that we are all done with that and are JUST WAITING, we dont hear from our agency like before, which is normal because we will only hear updates every so often until we get the BIG call!  Also we don't have anything else to do BUT WAIT so it feels like we are not accomplishing anything or doing anything productively to help bring the baby home but really there is nothing we can do but pray for our little one and slowly but surely get the nursery ready!

Many of you, we know, are praying for us and we SOOOO appreciate it!  During this time where we are on the waiting list and we are wondering if it will be tonight, tomorrow or in a month or in three months...we would love it if you could just pray for our baby because even though we don't know where she or he is, God does and He knows the exact day He will bring us together!  Please pray for our babies protection, health and for God to work in, go before us and smooth out all the details that need to be done before we bring our baby home!  Also please be praying that during this time of waiting we can get everything done that we need to get done in the nursery and most of all keep growing and growing closer to our Savior and that this journey will give God glory!

Today we went to Baby Depot and got the glider and ottomon for the nursery!  I got a gift card there for my birthday from family and so we used it today to get the glider/ottomon!  Jim left for Chicago with his friend Russell to celebrate Russell's birthday by going to a Cub's game and so after he left I put the glider together and carried it up to the nursery (plus of not being pregnant, I can still do things, lift things and be active) and tonight I was sitting in it rocking and looking throughout nursery and just thinking, dreaming and praying for our little baby!  Hoping soon I will be rocking in the chair with our baby in my arms or watching Jim rock our baby in the chair in his arms!  Here is the glider we got...it's SO comfy I had troubles getting out of it because I just wanted to keep gliding! :0)

We are SUPER excited because our first baby shower is only 13 days away!  WOOHOO!  I just cannot wait!  I have waited for 4 1/2 years to experience a baby shower and I will probably have to hold all the tears in as this day finally happens and we celebrate our soon to be baby and our family growing to three!  With every pregnancy (4 total) that we had, I would dream about the baby shower and getting together with friends and family and with each miscarriage the dream was ripped from me.  So now that we are on the waiting list and we are so close to bringing home our baby and our friends are throwing us a baby shower, it makes me so overwhelmed with happiness, joy and love and I just cannot wait!  Of course we know it's not all about the baby shower...it's just a plus and a blessing that our friends and family are doing for us!

By the way, they have sent invites out for the friends/church shower on June 12th and for the ladies at church they have started putting it in the church bulletin, but if you have not received an invite and would like to come please let me know and I'll have them get an invite to you so you can know the info of when and where and all that good stuff!  Also if you go to church with me, please note you will not receive a paper invite since the church just puts it in the bulletin so please know all ladies young and old are invited and welcomed to come celebrate with us!  I love you all!  You all are such blessings to us! 

In His amazing grip,

2 comments:

  1. Yes the waiting phase is SO hard!!! Distractions are the only way I survived it! Now we are in another, even harder phase of waiting and I have to keep myself busy!

    Hoping you don't have to wait too long for that call to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you do not have to wait much longer.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete