Photobucket

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Random thoughts & recipes!

Random thought #
  1. This was the LAST weekend I will have to work at DQ. So thankful for this. Now I will have so much more time with Jim & Isaac on Saturdays and not have to miss any more church or worship team rehearsals on Sunday and spend more time with my family and church family on Sundays!
  2. Isaac has been sick all week and extra grouchy and I hope he gets feeling better soon. I feel bad that he is sick and wish I could take it from him!
  3. I've tried a few new recipes this week to mix it up a bit since i have my last 16 lbs to go still.
  4. Been reading 5 different books and I am getting SO MUCH out of each of them of course the first one being the Word, along with Not a fan, Made to Crave, Battlefield of the mind and shadow boxing. Made to crave I believe is the book i've waited for my whole life in regards to dealing with food issues from God's perspective and truly being freed from them. I HIGHLY recommend it!
  5. Last night I was in the last 10 minute portion of my cardio at home (didn't go to the gym since Isaac was sick) and decided to do stair stepping up and down on my stairs and WOWZA that made me sweat and I got a good workout in!
Here are some of the recipes I've made the past few days and taken pictures of...

Healthy Mexican Chicken Soup


 INGREDIENTS: Low-sodium chicken broth, shredded chicken, fresh tomatoes, fresh cilantro, minced garlic, onion powder, cumin, Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle & chili powder.

Healthy Apple Crisp
 INGREDIENTS: Diced apples, water, stevia powder and cinnamon and then toss the apples to mix. Then in separate bowl mix crushed melba toast, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice and more stevia powder if you want with enough skim milk to make a crumble and then lay over top of apples. Cover dish and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes!

Healthy Strawberry smoothie

INGREDIENTS: 6 strawberries, ice, water (optional, depending on how thick you like it), stevia to taste, lemon juice to taste. Very yummy. Optional use of unsweetened cocoa powder can add a nice chocolatey flavor too!

Love,
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Looks great April!!! Only 16 pounds!!! You are doing AMAZING!!! You are such an inspiration!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete