
May I never forget this moment, right here, right now. Sitting in Isaac's couch he got for Christmas with him and watching him look at me and smile and lean in to kiss me because he is so happy mommy is sitting beside him on his couch. We sit there together and every minute or so, for no reason other than he is just a sweet baby boy who loves his mommy, he leans in and smiles and gives me a big kiss again and again. He then leans his head down against my chest and cuddles with me because I am his comfort. I want to savor this moment and never lose it. I feel him next to me, and soak in all of his beautiful details. His adorable little fingers that are holding his string cheese. His precious ears and so cute you want to pinch constantly cheeks. Hearing his mouth make these adorable sounds as he eats his string cheese, i know this might sound silly but I am taking this all in and trying to take a mental picture. Before I realize it I know my baby boy is going to be in school and eventually probably way taller than I am and it's going to be a bit harder to hold him. So I cherish these moments I have right now, every minute, every second. I thank my God for my baby boy. God could have chosen anyone to be Isaac's parents but God knew before the foundations of the earth were formed that He would pick Jim and I and let me tell you, I am SO GLAD God picked Jim and I to be Isaac's parents.
I've written this down here so I will never forget this moment and we will forever have it in our blog book we print each year so now I'm off again to go spend some more precious time with him.
Love,
Yes! Write down these moments! Nothing is sweeter than kisses from my kids for no reason! I actually tell my 8 year old son that no matter is age, he is never too old to give his momma a hug & kiss! Isaac is so precious!
ReplyDeleteSo very sweet! I have to bribe David for kisses and I only get snuggle time when he's either really tired or sick. :(
ReplyDeletemy boys are 34 and 29 and still not too old to kiss their mom. My 12 year old grandson likewise. It's all in what you teach them. Treasure all the kisses from your "men"
ReplyDelete