So last week I started a group. I wanted a place where women who have ever lost a child, whether they were only 4 weeks along or the child was 4 months old when they went to their Savior, can come and meet other women who have gone through the same thing. I know there are TONS of sites and groups out there BUT I wanted a SPECIFIC one where all women who joined were fellow believers in Christ because we share one thing and that is HOPE! I want a place where we can come and write from time to time about our thoughts or questions knowing we have other ladies, sisters in the Lord that not only know how we are feeling but have the same hope we have and know we are grieving yes, but we are grieving with hope! Of course we do not exclude people because we never know if God might bring someone to our group who doesn't know Him and is hurting and that through our group He could bring them to Him. Anyways, it's called "Grieving with Hope" and I just started it what feels like a few days ago and already we have 74 people. I have already gotten to know quite a few of the ladies and already we have been a comfort, encouragement to each other and an ear to listen as sometimes we just need to vent or say things that may be too much for anyone that hasn't gone through a loss, to handle. It's so nice knowing these ladies love the Lord too, have sadly lost babies too, so they know at least to a point, the grief we all are facing and I am thankful for God and Him putting this on my heart to start. I pray our little group, however, He may grow it in the future, would bring glory to Him and that He would use it to bring much healing and comfort to future ladies who sadly lose their baby.
The logo above was made by my friend Jennifer at Designs by Jenn, who also designed my blog too. Thank you so much Jenn for this gift you made for our group.
In you have ever lost a baby or know of someone that has and could benefit from this group, please feel free to share our link with them. It's a facebook group so you do need to have or open a facebook account and it's a private group so you will not be accessed to see posts or documents unless you become a member and you have to be approved by me. Here is the link, http://www.facebook.com/groups/196705563714649
Already I have started documents that I and the other ladies have shared and put information on. These include topics such as...
- Meet & greet page to share your story and get to know each other.
- In memory of page where you can write your babies name and date in memory of them.
- BLOGS page where if you blog you can post your link so people can check out your blog.
- A books page where we list all the books that we have read and that have helped us on this journey.
- A page of poems/quotes/verses that have helped us on our journey of grieving.
- A page of songs that have ministered to us and helped us with losing our babies.
- A page of resources where I listed MANY sites that either help bereaved parents or do things in memory of your children. These were sites that took time for me to find and lots of research and my hopes is that having all these resources and pages on hand in our group, they will be able to help all the new and future ladies who join and are hurting and don't know where to go or what to do.

I requested to join. We've had six miscarriages, the most recent last month, and although my heart longs for my babies I know God has His hand in all of it. I'd like to get to know some of the others with similar stories. Thank you for creating a group like this.
ReplyDeleteI would like to join. I can't get to the link from my phone though. I will try again on the computer later. This is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI would like to join. I can't get to the link from my phone though. I will try again on the computer later. This is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI requested to join. We've had six miscarriages, the most recent last month, and although my heart longs for my babies I know God has His hand in all of it. I'd like to get to know some of the others with similar stories. Thank you for creating a group like this.
ReplyDelete