Photobucket

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One month today...

 One month today since...
  • We saw you on the ultrasound machine alive for the last time.
  • we heard your beautiful heart beating at around 170 beats per minute.
  • mommy felt you move in her tummy.
  • mommy delivered you and held you for the first time in her arms.
  • daddy got to hold you and see you had a big toe gap just like him.
  • we got to hold you in our arms as Jesus was holding you for the first time in His.
  • we got to touch you, see you, and look at all the intricate details of your precious body.
  • mommy and daddy held your hand with our finger.
  • we got to pray over you and sing to you.
  • we said hello and goodbye all in the same day.
  • you saw your Savior for the first time.
Not a day goes by that we don't think of you, Annabelle. We miss you more than earthly words can describe.You are our daughter, our first daughter that we got to hold. You were perfectly formed just too tiny! You weighed 13.3 oz and was 10.2 inches long. You were delivered from mommy's womb to Jesus arms at 4:42 p.m on June 6, 2011.


A moment of grace (a poem someone wrote for Annabelle after reading her story)
By J. Estelle Paul

Today I met an angel; 
I kissed it on the nose. 
I counted each of it's tiny fingers. 
I counted each of it's tiny toes. 

Today I learned perfection;
I made it in that face. 
I saw it with my own eyes, 
And held it in my embrace. 

Today I witnessed beauty;
I traced it with my finger. 
A sweet sensation never forgotten;
So precious a feeling to linger. 

Today I felt such Pride;
I hugged it to my chest. 
And even though the circumstance; 
I felt truly blessed. 

Today I felt True Love;
I touched it's tiny head. 
I wept in awe even though;
I knew what lay ahead. 

Today I felt very Thankful;
That you were given unto me. 
That I got to be your Parent, 
However short a time that be. 

Today I met an Angel;
I kissed it on the nose. 
I counted it's little finger, 
I touched all it's little toes. 

Tomorrow I will Wake;
And though my Angel's left. 
All the lesson's that you've taught me, 
I will never forget.

Photobucket

4 comments: