Photobucket

Thursday, July 7, 2011

If I could do one thing to help those who have lost babies...

I will probably never get this chance, but if we ever are blessed enough financially or if I could somehow get something started, I would LOVE to help families who have lost babies, with their medical bills. We are just now getting all the bills from our OB's, midwife and hospital from our pregnancy and delivery with Annabelle. Already we owe a few thousand and we haven't even gotten the bill in yet that was for our two night stay and delivery, which will be the most expensive one. It hurts so bad that we have to pay all this money and we didn't even get to bring her home. I wish there was an organization out there that helped families who lost babies, with their medical bills because families are already going through the immense loss of losing their child and having to leave the hospital empty and every day remembering their stomach is empty and no longer carrying life inside of it and then we still have to pay for it. I know there is nothing we can do and the hospital/doctors need paid but I just wish there was a way we could help pay it off for all families who have to lose a baby. I know this might not make sense to those of you who have not lost a baby but its REALLY hard getting the bills in from your pregnancy with them, when you don't have them anymore and you had to bury them. Oh this sucks. Thankful for payment plans though. Thankful for my husband working hard for us and thankful for a faithful God that I know will take care of us. Love you all.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are going through this. It makes perfect sense and medical bills ARE overwhelming! My parents went through the same thing when my brother passed away - a whole lot of money in medical bills AND funeral costs and that is the last thing that people struggling with a loss need to be dealing with. So sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I more than agree with you about starting something that would help families pay for their medical bills after loss. Our bills have devastated us!! I spent three weeks in the hospital before I delivered Stella, had a C-Section, and Stella was in the NICU for five days. I think the worst bill was the one for the day that she passed. The doctors did everything they could to save her (of course) and that included many procedures and using many different medications. That one day ended up being only a little less than my three week stay. I was also off work for several months and not thinking that I would ever need it, did not have disability to help cover my lost wages. Anyway... sorry to go on... I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you are getting your bills and are now having to deal with that pain. But you are right, be faithful in God (as I know you are) and he will most definitely take care of your family! That is what we have had to do each month when the bills come in... pray that we can make it another month. Much love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was something out there. it's horrible that you have to get all those bills after losing your precious babe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! When we lost our baby I had terrible complications, 2 surgeries, tons on CTs and a 10 day stay. It took over a year for all of the bills to come through.....over $100,000 worth. Our Christian Share group did cover most of the costs....but one thing we did was go to each hospital and provider, tell them about the situation and ask if they would reduce the price. Some of them did! A few even chose not to charge us anything! I know they did not have to do this...but it was so caring and generous of them. It hurt to get those bills, and sometimes I think bills are the only "proof" we have of our babies life. Praying for you all! (And google keeps wanting to post this as anonymous....but this is Julie Johnston:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! When we lost our baby I had terrible complications, 2 surgeries, tons on CTs and a 10 day stay. It took over a year for all of the bills to come through.....over $100,000 worth. Our Christian Share group did cover most of the costs....but one thing we did was go to each hospital and provider, tell them about the situation and ask if they would reduce the price. Some of them did! A few even chose not to charge us anything! I know they did not have to do this...but it was so caring and generous of them. It hurt to get those bills, and sometimes I think bills are the only "proof" we have of our babies life. Praying for you all! (And google keeps wanting to post this as anonymous....but this is Julie Johnston:)

    ReplyDelete