Photobucket

Saturday, July 16, 2011

...

 
Today I've been cleaning and it feels so good once you get something finished that you've been working on. During my pregnancy with Annabelle, I was really sick and so I rarely cleaned the last few months I was pregnant and if I did, it wasn't the greatest job of it. Then when we lost Annabelle, the first many weeks were so hard that we didn't even care about cleaning. So needless to say our house got out of whack! So especially now that I have no job, I know that my full time job right now is to raise Isaac and take care of him and take care of our house so I made a little check-off list for me. In the past I've tried several things to help motivate me to clean and well just ways to figure out how to keep the house clean and they were an epic FAIL! I realized when I assigned something too big for one day, I would get overwhelmed and many times not even know where to start so I just wouldn't do it. So instead of saying i'm going to do this room today and that room today blah, blah, blah, I made a little list. A weekly one that I will do up each week and it's hanging on my fridge. I give myself around 4 tasks a day. Two of them remain the same always and will not change and those are devotions and unloading and loading the dish washer. The other two will vary depending on what needs done. Then I check them off as I go. At the end of the day if I only got those 4 things done because of taking care of or having fun with Isaac or doing other things, then at least I got those done and accomplished something. It's really helped me so far, since our house was so crazy because of what I mentioned earlier, so slowly day by day I am seeing our house get back to order and I LOVE it. What is nice is that I don't feel overwhelmed either by the cleaning because it's just 4 tasks a day! So if you find yourself ever in a rut like me and not for sure where to start cleaning, I recommend this trying this way. It's really been working well for me! Today I cleaned our stairway off and our fireplace!


Now onto my beautiful handsome baby boy, ok, so how much longer can I actually call him my baby? I don't know, I'm wandering if he is now considered a toddler but to me, he will of course always be my baby boy! He has been HILARIOUS lately, well he truly always is. When I say he has a personality that is so happy, he laughs so much and is such an easy-going little boy, i TRULY mean it. I've never seen a child/baby so happy as he is at home. I truly have so much fun with him every single day. I cannot even begin to describe to you the joy he brings to Jim and I each day. Here lately he has been clapping a lot and started stomping his feet and dances. He loves the Wizard of Ha's veggie tale movie and since he has been sick, he's watched it more than usual and just LOVES it. He's taken around 2-3 steps but we are waiting to see when he really takes off but for now we are enjoying the time before he walks because we've heard once he walks, he will be everywhere! ;0) He is saying HI a lot to people as we walk by them now. Here is an adorable picture of I took of him today before he went on a walk with daddy while I cleaned. (bad quality, taken with my phone)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment