Photobucket

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sending off to Ethiopia...

I am so thankful that tonight I was able to finish up the Ethiopian "It's a girl thing" project that Wiphan is doing for the girls, women and widows of Ethiopia. I found out about this amazing project through my fellow blog friend Andrea and if you didn't catch it the first time she wrote about it or when I posted about it on my blog feel free to check out this link to see what exactly the "It's a girl thing" project is!  It's a girl thing project

I want to thank the ladies of my church and a few others who helped me in this. I do not sew so I had no clue what we were doing, I was just willing and ready to do it! Thanks to Crystal, Shaun, Sarah, Christy and her mom, Hannah, Peggy, Helen, Stacy, Betty, Mindy and I am sure I'm missing a few others who helped me with this! It was nice to get together a few times with them and chat while working on these!

After finishing putting them all together tonight I prayed over them, praying for each women who would be using them. I know they are in a sense just sanitary supplies but really they are so much more. They will help these women hopefully have less infections, less embarrassment, stay in school longer and do better, and have less family problems and so much more. Most of all I pray through these they will see the love and hand of Jesus in the passing out of these and I pray each and every women who gets these will come to know Him as their Savior!

I would have LOVED to have done so many more but I am so happy to send what we can and here are a few pictures I took of them tonight! Very colorful, I hope it brightens their day and brings cheer, hope and joy to their hearts!

Here they are all spread out on the floor...

 Close-up of some of them...
 All packed and ready to be shipped!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i did this project too :) such an awesome way to bless some ladies lives :) in a way that not many people would even think about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did this project too :) such an awesome way to bless some ladies lives :) in a way that not many people would even think about :)

    ReplyDelete