I noticed something this year while setting up the nativity set that I never have before, something I love about my set! Here is the first pic...see if you can guess what it is...
here is a better upclose view of what i noticed...
Now keep in mind that the flash on my camera makes them lighter than they are in real life BUT what I noticed this year was that one of the shepherds was brown, even kind of dark brown and the wise men were all tan/light brown and of course I added another angel around the nativity scene this year because I am SURE there were PLENTY of them that wonderful night (and yes I know the bible shows angels to be not really male or female but just beings) but this special little african american angel, my sister got me last year when we were just starting the adoption process just had to go in my nativity scene. I LOVE that my nativity scene has all sorts of colors to represent all the beautiful colors of God's children. It's more accurate anyways since Jesus and his family were probably more middle eastern tan with some color anyways and not pale white like all the pictures show him to be! So as Isaac grows up and starts pointing and playing with the people in mommy's nativity scene and we talk to him about them, he can see that one of the shepherds has skin just like him! :0)
Here are a couple more pics of some things I just put up...
Now on to more CUTE things...Isaac turned FIVE months old yesterday and so we gave him vegetables for the first time and last night's menu was PEA'S....so get ready for some adorable green faces my friends...
This is his FIRST OFFICIAL PEA FACE...haha
SECOND FACE....hmm...still not sure if he likes these or not! :0)
Look at those beautiful eyes, BIG eyelashes and oh yeah...those adorable GREEN lips!
haha...this face CRACKS. ME. UP!
This next pic was taken after he got back from Grandma & Grandpa Starkey's and was worn out from having so much fun, he fell asleep in my arms and I missed him so much that day so I decided to cuddle with him some before putting him to bed. I am so blessed!
Look at those big fingers...so precious!
Hoping you all have a WONDERFUL week with your friends & family as you celebrate Thanksgiving and make all the yummy food and eat too much and get food induced coma's....lol...thanks for taking time to read our little ol' blog and I hope you truly take time to thank your awesome Creator this week for all His blessings, His creation and most of all...for who He is!
Hi April...My name is Micah. My hubby and I are planning to adopt from Ethiopia, and I was searching Gotcha Day videos on youtube and came across yours. Your son is BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love your video. Thank you for loving God's children! Feel free to stop by and say hi on my blog. It looks like we follow a few of the same people...or interests. God Bless; Micah
ReplyDeleteHi April...My name is Micah. My hubby and I are planning to adopt from Ethiopia, and I was searching Gotcha Day videos on youtube and came across yours. Your son is BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love your video. Thank you for loving God's children! Feel free to stop by and say hi on my blog. It looks like we follow a few of the same people...or interests. God Bless; Micah
ReplyDelete