Would you like to do something worth while with that .27 cents, would you like to LIVE OUT James 1:27 and Isaiah 1:17 with that .27 cents, would you like to be used by God to change the life of ONE...
My friend Christie is moving to Uganda, Africa in less than THREE weeks and has around 180 students left to sponsor in the Bugabo village there in Uganda that she is moving to. God has put this on her heart to do for His children and I think it would be SO awesome if many of us jumped on in and helped her with this BIG thing.
It's amazing that just .27 cents a day, which comes to around $100 a year will provide schooling, uniform, meal, medical/dental care and such for a child that TRULY will be forever changed because of this and Christie will be there with the children in school so she will not only be able to be a light for Jesus to them but teach them about Jesus!
I think so many times we skip over these blogs, these commercials, these intermissions at concerts or wherever it comes up b/c we either don't have the money or we just don't think it's something WE should do. I think if we all just stopped for even a second and thought about how much God cares for these precious children, some of which might be orphans and the others even though they may have family, they are so poor their moms and dads have trouble finding food, shelter, water, or clothing for them, I think we would automatically say YES, I want to sponsor, I want to help because I know how dear this is to the heart of our God....read James 1:27...read Isaiah 1:17, read Psalm 68:5-6...oh the list could go on to show how God cares for the fatherless, how He wants us to reach out and help those in need, the orphan, the widow....
Just because we cannot see them each day and their suffering or just because they grew up and were born in a different part of the world as us doesn't mean God loves them less than us...He loves them just as much as He loves us, He died for them just like He died for you and me, and He has plans for them just like He has plans for us...and I wonder...what if His plans for YOUR life include using you to help His plans unfold for one of these precious children in Uganda?
If your like me and right now you just cannot come up with the lump sum of $100, do what I did and ask friends to pray about it and go in with you and go in together and sponsor a child? Then all of you can read about and see the pictures and updates and pray for this child throughout the whole year and the child will have even more people praying for him/her!
This is SO STRONGLY on my heart, if I could, I would sponsor EVERY single one of these children. I long to go over to Uganda and love on these children and go to the babies homes and love on the orphans and tell them Jesus loves them and I hope one day I can go but for now, we can pray, we can sponsor, we can spread the word....
For more info, write me or go to Christie's page... Compass in my heart
Love,
April...love your blog! Don't comment much (sorry!!) but love it! Alway reading! I have a little (foster) sister who is almost the exact same age as your Issac...so of course, I love hearing about his mile stones and all that fun baby stuff! You can visit my moms blog at karleighmei.blogspot.com to read up on that cutie ;)
ReplyDeleteJust sent Christie an email telling her that I am IN! Wooo hoo!!
This is my very first sponsorship! SOOO EXCITED. Went to Uganda 2 summers ago with aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com ...left a piece of my heart...of course!
Thank you for posting about this!
Blessings,
Lexie
April...love your blog! Don't comment much (sorry!!) but love it! Alway reading! I have a little (foster) sister who is almost the exact same age as your Issac...so of course, I love hearing about his mile stones and all that fun baby stuff! You can visit my moms blog at karleighmei.blogspot.com to read up on that cutie ;)
ReplyDeleteJust sent Christie an email telling her that I am IN! Wooo hoo!!
This is my very first sponsorship! SOOO EXCITED. Went to Uganda 2 summers ago with aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com ...left a piece of my heart...of course!
Thank you for posting about this!
Blessings,
Lexie