Photobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Two month check-up!

This morning was Isaac's two month check-up and it could not have went better!  Isaac was in a great mood and we had fun while waiting in the room just talking to each other and he kept cooing and just standing and moving all around.  Yes I said standing, haha, he loves to stand of course with us holding his arms.  I asked the doc to make for sure that was ok and he said definitely and that it does not cause bowed legs! 

Dr. Shaw checked him all out and it was so cute because as the doc was pushing and prodding all over Isaac to make for sure he was healthy and growing well, Isaac just loved it and would stare at him or make adorable faces and just move all around.  I was SO HAPPY that he was in such a great mood.  Dr. Shaw said everything looked great and he is healthy, which made this mommy VERY happy!  He said his belly button will eventually go down and it is nothing to worry about. 

We talked a lot about vaccines and he teased me since he is of course for the CDC recommended schedule but he was nice and understood that we wanted a delayed schedule.  I told him that basically i just didn't want to give Isaac more than 1-2 vaccines per visit and so he told me about there being an outbreak of whopping cough and that he actually lost a baby to it within this past year I believe and so we decided to get the DTaP today which will protect Isaac from that and a few other things.  I signed the paper stating I was not getting the other recommended vaccines today and overall it went really well and he even gave us lots of information on vaccines to read over and such.

Here is Isaac's band-aid on his thigh from his shot...sleeping in daddy's arms afterwards!





So after the doc left and while we were waiting for the nurse to come in to give Isaac his DTaP shot he fell asleep in my arms because that is his schedule, eat, play, sleep.  The nurse came in and felt bad that she would have to give him a shot while he was sleeping but i actually think it worked out perfect.  She gave him the shot and of course it woke him up and he did the silent cry for like 10 seconds but as soon as she put the band-aid on and as soon as i picked him up, he stopped crying and fell right back asleep in my arms, which made me super happy! 

Last visit to the doc which is 3-4 weeks ago I believe Isaac weighed 8 pounds exactly and today he weighed 9 lbs, 13 oz! Isn't that awesome! Our little baby is growing so fast!  His length is 21 1/4 and at birth he was 19 1/2, I think, so he has grown around two inches in length too!  He is 10% percentile for both height and weight so he is still a small baby since he was a preemie, which is normal but to us he is getting so big!  Even Dr. Shaw could almost not recognize him he said because he had gotten more chub on him! :0)

I am so thankful that his appointment went so well and that he actually seemed to really enjoy the appointment and attention too and that he is healthy, growing well and we couldn't be happier!

Here are a few pictures we took at my sister's house yesterday...

Tummy time with mommy the other day...


My niece Sarah holding Isaac











He loves to stand...









Love,

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness he just keeps getting cuter by the day! :) I love the new blog design - a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad his appointment went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is precious. So glad he is doing so well.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bandaid looks so big on his little leg. We did a delayed shot schedule too and it seemed to work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! I'm so glad he is doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough of his sweet little face!! I'm glad he's healthy and thriving. Clearly he's getting a ton of love and all his needs and wants are covered!!

    Hey - remember a while back I asked for your address? Well, with the little flurry of chaos that happened shortly thereafter, I totally blew it. You had just posted about his formula that's really hard to mix, and I had just received a stand mixer for my birthday, therefore had no further need for my hand mixer. I was going to send it to you! I know it's not much, but money was really tight for you guys at the time. Did you ever get one? :)

    ReplyDelete