Sorry I haven't posted in a week or so. We have just been so busy loving and taking care of our beautiful Isaac! Can you believe that he is already SEVEN weeks old today! Isn't that crazy, how fast time goes!
Hey...did you notice the header up top...we plan on doing even more changes to the family blog in the future but for now our wonderful blog creator friend Diana made this new one up for us and I think it's so cute!
We have really seen him grow this week in so many ways. He has started to get some chub on him, which is so cute. He is sleeping better and longer (4 hour stretch one night yay) at night, he is doing so well with this new formula and other than when he still has occasional gas pain he is an AMAZINGLY HAPPY baby! He is having more and more alert happy time with us and Jim and I are having a really fun time playing and interacting with him.
Since he was 4.5 weeks early they said he could be behind like a month but so far he seems to be right on average and a few things even ahead so we are thankful he is doing well. If he gets behind later on, that will be fine too and we will just help him wherever he needs help!
Today was our first FULL day back to church, where we go early at 8:00 for me for worship rehearsal and for Jim for sound. Jim held Isaac and did sound during rehearsal and Isaac did great. Jim said Isaac seemed to love the music and us singing because as soon as the music would stop he would start stirring and then soon as the music started again he would relax. I am SOOO hoping he loves music since his mommy does! Today was also the first sunday we put him in the nursery. I even took a picture of him being held by one of the nursery workers because I scrapbook! He did great in the nursery and we were so excited to pick him up at the end of church and love on him.
We should be hearing from our lawyer this week on the court date for when we can finalize his adoption, which will be SO great!
The only thing we are still praying about right now and seeking wisdom on is vaccinations. So many people are for them, so many are against them and so many people do delayed vaccine schedules. Right now we are leaning towards waiting and doing a delayed vaccine schedule. We have been researching a lot and thanks to the TON of comments we received on facebook about what you all do for vaccines. That helped a lot too! If you have any information or thoughts on vaccines please feel free to comment below and share!
PICTURE TIME!!!
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is wise of you to ask questions about this! We did a lot of research on vaccinations as well, and decided to go with a modified schedule, and always asked for thimerisol (sp?)-free injections. Talk to your pediatrician about your concerns. They will likely tell you that vaxing is the single best method of preventing major and deadly childhood illnesses. There has never been a clear link established between vaccines and autism, yet our generation has seen a historical epidemic of autism. Everyone will have their own unique opinion about this, and it can be quite an emotional discussion. I'm sure others will have very different opinions than mine, but I just wanted to share that ultimately, whatever you decide for your son is right!
ReplyDeleteMany, many opinions. Personally I vaccinated my 6 children, 9 grandchildren, 23 nieces and nephews and 20 great-neices/nephews with NO problems. The jury is still out on vaccinations and autism so hope you find the answers you need to decide what's best for you and your little one.
ReplyDeleteApril,
ReplyDeleteThis is a big decision and quite controversial. I wish I had waited for my son. He IS on the autism spectrum (Asperger Syndrome) and I would do anything I could now (that is safe) to eliminate chemicals and toxins that are not necessary. I would still vaccinate, but delay them as long as possible for them to still be protected. I didn't know that was even an option 11 years ago. While personally, I don't think the vaccinations cause autism, I do think they contribute if a child already has a genetic makeup leaning that way....That's just my 2 cents worth. You are smart for doing your research!!
I say go with your heart on vaccinations. My parents are doctors, so I was always presented with the typical doctor stance (vaccinate on schedule.) I found comfort in my own pediatrician; she has twin boys and she vaccinated them on schedule. I knew she wanted only the best for them as well as my kids. However, go with your heart. Don't worry about it too much, Isaac is in God's hands anyway.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Lara...go with your heart! We have vaccinated our kids on schedule for many reasons and are thankful for it, but in the end you and Jim just talk it over with your ped., make a decision, and feel good about it! There is a risk NO MATTER which direction you choose...just remember, God is in control of all circumstances,and rest confident in Him. Don't stress out about it....do what you feel is best for your baby and go with it! You both are great parents, and baby Isaac is blessed to be your son!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have vaccinated all of our kids (because we travel overseas)but have always had reservations. Pray and I am sure you will make the right decision.
ReplyDeleteYour baby sure is growing and he just keeps getting cuter and cuter :)
I say really pray about the vaccinations, if you are questioning anything!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your new header!
The new header is so cute! He is getting so big!
ReplyDeleteHave you read "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears? It is awesome - gives tons of information both pro and con and lets you decide what is right for your baby. We love it.
ReplyDeleteJust a little heads up on autism: I have 2 brother-in-laws with autsism. They were never vaccinated. It has a lot more to do with genetics than anything. I vaccinate my child. Although others may choose not to its because my child IS vaccinated that others who are not don't get sick. Just something to think about.
ReplyDeleteHave you read "The Vaccine Book" by Dr. Sears? It is awesome - gives tons of information both pro and con and lets you decide what is right for your baby. We love it.
ReplyDeleteI say go with your heart on vaccinations. My parents are doctors, so I was always presented with the typical doctor stance (vaccinate on schedule.) I found comfort in my own pediatrician; she has twin boys and she vaccinated them on schedule. I knew she wanted only the best for them as well as my kids. However, go with your heart. Don't worry about it too much, Isaac is in God's hands anyway.
ReplyDelete