Photobucket

Saturday, August 21, 2010

On a mountain...

Last night was an amazing night of worship!  Our church, Community Bible Church, put together a BIG concert at the Ren in our town and invited Big Daddy Weave and Selah to come along with a group that was started by our pastor and worship leader called Poiema.  Poiema sang first and did such a beautiful God honoring job and I was so proud of them knowing they were from my church and I was a little bummed not to be up there singing with them as originally planned but we brought Isaac home the day before Poiema's practice and photo shoot so we decided to have me not sing at this event since we would be so busy.  So of course I missed not being able to sing with them but Isaac was such a good reason why I had to miss and I loved being able to be in the crowd singing along to every word and cheering them on!  Then Big Daddy Weave came on and then Selah.  It was a great night of singing and worshipping!

At one point during the night the head singer from Big Daddy Weave was talking about how there may be some people there on a mountain right now, you know, real happy, life going good and so blessed and not really much to complain about but then he went on to say how most people though are going through a valley, a rough patch, a hard time and he went on to say some beautiful encouraging words to them and did an amazing song that I know would have comforted me during our hard times.

The point of this whole post is that for the first time in five years I realized we are on the mountain.  For the past five years we were always in the valley, always waiting or in a hard time either because of past church situations or because of our infertility and four miscarriages we went through. I could literally tell you at least 20-30 songs that God used to minister to my heart and verses from His word during those years of waiting and loss.  During those years were some of the most precious times I had with my Savior and my Father.  He used those times to draw me close to Him, make me realize He truly is all I need and I found a relationship with Him deeper than I had ever had before.

So last night as I was listening to what that guy was saying and listening to the songs that were meant to help those going through times like that, I realized that wasn't me this time and that I could thank my God and smile as I sang along to those songs because I didn't feel that way but I could pray for those going through those times.  I know those times will come again, just like the song "Desert Song" says..."and this is my prayer in the harvest where favor and providence flow, I KNOW I'M FILLED TO BE EMPTIED AGAIN, the seed I've received I will sow..."  Right now Jim and I are high on a mountain top praising our Heavenly Father for the blessing and gift of Isaac and making our family go from 2 to 3.  Thanking Him for His provision throughout the adoption and providing and doing immeasurably more than anything we could have asked or imagined...(ephesians 3:20).  Not being in a waiting period anymore, not waiting each month to see if a pregnancy test is positive or waiting to see if the baby's heart beat is beating on the ultrasound.  Yes, we went through those times but God brought us through them and refined us through them and for that I am forever grateful.  I do not know how long we will be on this mountain, maybe a day or maybe a few years but I know that I am forever grateful to my God for bringing us through this first long 5 year journey of hard times and waiting and bringing us to see the fruit of it and the beautiful end of that journey.

I now know that He is already working in our hearts and preparing us for whatever He has planned for us in the future!  My prayer is that He would continue to break our hearts for what breaks His, that He would plant His desires in our hearts so our desires would match His and that we would not only walk in His will but be DOERS and be His hands and feet!  

I know SO MANY of you that read our blog are in your "valley" or hard times or waiting period.  Maybe you've just started them or maybe you've been in them years like what Jim and I just came out of.  I want to encourage you friends that there will be joy in the morning and I challenge you to ask Him to give you eyes through your situation to see it the way He does and I pray that you would know that through this journey your going through no matter how hard, He is going to use it to refine you and continue to make you into the person He has planned for you to be so that He can use you more and more for His kingdom! I pray that you would know and remember that these things we go through in life on this earth are just temporal and momentary but what God is doing in them, in the ways we can't see yet, are eternal! (2 Cor. 4:17-18)

Yes, we are on a mountain right now...but we are only on this mountain because of Jesus Christ.  Without Him we are nothing, without Him we have nothing and He TRULY gets ALL THE GLORY for the way He has orchrestrated bringing Isaac into our lives. TO GOD BE THE GLORY!  You my Savior, my Father get all the glory for us being on this mountaintop right now and when we were in the valley and when we were in the storm, You got all the glory then because it was then that you were doing things we could not see that would bring us to this mountain top! You alone my God get all the glory just because of who You are! I love You and I want to seek You and keep finding You and deepening my love for You everyday!


"Standing here in Your presence, thinking of the good things you have done.
Waiting here patiently just to hear Your still small voice again.

Holy righteous, faithful til the end 

Savior healer, redeemer and friend.

I will worship you for who you are
I will worship you for who you are
I will worship you for who you are

My soul secure, Your promise sure
Your love endures always!"




With all my heart,

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff, girl. I was on a mountain for a long time and never realized it until I went through a valley period. After all it sounds like you've endured, you deserve that mountaintop experience with your new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, April! I can't wait to be on the mountain! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thank you! A good reminder of how many blessings we do have even though some days it doesn't feel like it. I'm praising with you that God has blessed you in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, April! I can't wait to be on the mountain! :O)

    ReplyDelete