Photobucket

Sunday, March 21, 2010

10 things that make us happy and other randomness!

10 things that make us happy!

I saw this at Living by Faith (Lauren's blog)!  She did a post on 10 things that make her happy and 10 things that make her husband happy!  I loved it so much that I thought it would be fun to do on our blog!  So you'll find this particular post is going to be random!

10 things that make ME happy!


  • Sitting outside reading, on a beautiful sunny day hearing the birds chirp and the wind blow through my hair and watching God's beautiful creation all around me.  I just love nature.
  • Dancing in the kitchen with Jim.  Being anywhere with him.
  • Summer thunderstorms.
  • Encouraging people and cheering them up.
  • God's love.
  • Adopting Isabella.
  • Roasting marshmellows over a bonfire!  
  • Fall!  The leaves, the smell of the air, the bonfires and get-togethers.  I love it all!
  • Sundays!  I love everything about them including worship, fellowship, lunch, nap time and community group!
  • Mountains.  For some reason I am in awe whenever I see mountains, which mainly are pictures in magazines or on TV but either way, they are breathtaking.  I would just sit on our back deck of our cabin in the smoky mountains and stare out into the mountains in wonder!  God's creation is so amazing to me!  I love quiet times like that in nature where its just me and God and that's where I have some amazing conversations with Him!
Alrighty...those are my 10...of course I couldn't just keep them short, sweet and to the point!  haha!  Next are Jim's!

10 things that make JIM happy!

(I give him credit for coming up with this list so fast because he was already in bed and was a sweety and sent it to me before falling asleep)

  • April
  • Fajitas
  • Ohio State Football
  • Hanging with friends
  • Going to a football game
  • Seeing my nieces and nephews
  • Camping
  • Doing labor (building a deck, hanging drywall, putting hardwood floors in)
  • Sleeping
  • Working on cars

Well that was fun!  Now for a few more random things...
Here is Isabella's first blanket!  My mom has been crocheting it and just finished.  The picture does not do it justice.  Its a beautiful soft green color and the yarn is so silky and soft feeling as you run your fingers across the blanket!  Thanks so much mom!  I cannot wait to cover Isabella up with it!  



and yet another bit of randomness...here is Isabella's first outfit I bought her.  I found it at Once Upon a Child for only like $4.50.  It's even cuter in person!


and here is Isabella's first cloth diaper!  My friend Emily sent this to us as she cloth diapers but has a boy and didn't need the pink!  I am excited to try cloth diapering.  I think I'll stick with disposables while over in Africa though and wait to start the cloth until we are back home!


Check out this...I SOOO would love to have this Africa cookie cutter

Something else totally random....it's not even been two months since we officially went live with the blog and started the ticker and already we have over 7,000 hits on the blog!  How cool is that! That's all for now!  Thanks for reading this totally random post!

Love to all,

3 comments:

  1. i posted about your raffle tonight...I was having computer issues..but I got a shout out for it..hope this helps a little :) I also entered my 5 bucks...the basket looks awesome, kj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lists!! SO cute!! That outfit, diaper and blanket make me smile and dream of the day when we can adopt again - this time a girl!! :P

    ReplyDelete