Photobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

Dry bones to life again!

This is a post for not just those of you who read this and have gone through a baby loss but if you have gone through any sort of loss or grief in your life...just a little something God reminded me of yesterday that I thank Him for!
I was just listening to Louie Giglio speak online at the Passion 2013 conference via live stream and he was speaking about Ezekial's vision God gave him about the valley of dry bones and how God asked Ezekial if he believed they could be brought back to life. It wasn't so much a question of God wanting to know Ezekial's thoughts, but it was more that God wanted Ezekial to not answer and instead let God tell him and that is exactly what Ezekial did...he said, "Oh Sovereign Lord, only You know" ...and God went on to share with him how He can bring back to life those dry brittle bones and bring flesh back on them and life to them again. God reminded me through this message how when we lost Annabelle, the place I was in...I was as dry, as brittle, and in the biggest bond of grief I had ever been in. I was in a place that truly needed life breathed into it. I cannot even begin to describe to you the place I felt in when I lost her.

I don't know what stage you are at in your grief with losing your precious one(s). Maybe it's only been days, or months, or maybe a year or two like me or possibly several years...but I do know that God took my dry bones, He took the bond of grief that had a MAJOR hold on me and when I thought I would not be able to walk again, live again, breathe again...He brought life back to me...He breathed into me a new freedom ONLY found in Him...He breathed into me something that helped me not just get out of the deep valley and dryness I was in but walk out of it full of joy & healing. Not that I don't grieve anymore, because I was just grieving my little girl last week...but the way He carried me through it, brought me out of it and did immeasurably more than I could have imagined with my grief, despair and loss...is more than I can ever begin to explain to you.

I say this because I know many of you are still so fresh in your grief journey's and loss...I remember being there...I remember TRULY wondering if I would survive this and if life would ever be "normal" again or if I could truly move on from this...and I am here today to tell you...you can and you will, not because of anything you can do...but by His power and strength that lives IN YOU! During the hardest times of your life, cling to Him, cry out to Him and rest in Him knowing that only HE ALONE can take your dry bones and the valley you are in, and bring life to them again and bring you out of the valley onto the mountaintop. Take hope and encouragement in that my friends ♥
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you April. I love seeing real life examples of this truth played out - your life being one of them. Thank you for your testimony.

    You are in my thoughts and prayers often. Can't wait to see pictures of Micaiah <3

    ReplyDelete