Photobucket

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A new milestone...thank God!

Today we are 30 WEEKS PREGNANT! I think of these lyrics when I think about where we are today...

"When the sun starts to rise and I open my eyes You are good, so good....with every breath I take in, I'll tell You I'm grateful again. 'Cause it's more than enough just to know I am loved and You are good...so how can I thank You, what can I bring? What can these poor hands lay at the feet of a King? So I'll sing You a love song, it's all that I have. To tell YOU I'M GRATEFUL for holding my life in Your hands..."
I just HAVE to take a moment this morning to reflect on where we have come and realize it's ONLY because of Him, our awesome God, that we have come this far! Back in August when we found out surprisingly that we were expecting, we were shocked, we were excited, we were nervous. We had no clue the outcome as we had experience so much loss that we knew we would take this day by day and be thankful for each day we have with this little one. We had just experienced a very early miscarriage the previous month so it made us a bit less hopeful but still, we knew the One who our hope was in and that ANYTHING can happen if it's His will. 
We made it through the first trimester, scary and exciting as we had the TAC surgery at 10 weeks and knew that having surgery brought risks with it of miscarriage but also knew that without this surgery we would almost be guaranteed we would lose this little precious one just like Annabelle.  All went well and we entered the second trimester. Our second time in the second trimester and we were so thankful but still knew we had such a long ways to go. Then came the day, the gestation day we lost our precious Annabelle around 20 1/2 weeks along. God brought us to that day and through it and past it. We felt such relief and thankfulness the day after that day but knew we still hadn't made it to viability. Our first goal was Annabelle's gestation date, our second goal was viability at 24 weeks. When viability came, we were on cloud 9 but also realized it was still a very scary age to have a baby so we kept praying little Micaiah would stay in there much longer. Our third goal was 30 weeks and after that we would just look forward to the c section date of bringing our precious baby boy into this world. TODAY we reach 30 weeks...30...never have we been out of the 20's week wise, in a pregnancy. This is our first time reaching 30 weeks and we've been in the third trimester a few weeks now, which is also a first for us. We are so grateful. To have a rainbow pregnancy and baby after a loss or in many causes, multiple losses...it can be quite stressful, nerve racking and hard to go through. Even at 30 weeks, I know we have a precious little guy in there that is at least 3 1/2 lbs but I also remind myself that no matter how big or small he is, whether in or out of the womb, just like all of us...our lives are in His hands and only He knows the number of our days so that gives me peace knowing I cannot control it but that I can trust the One who can! 
Tuesday we go in for another ultrasound and I get to talk with my actual MFM who will be delivering Micaiah and ask him all my questions concerning the c section and delivery AND schedule Micaiah's birthday! We are SO excited to find out the day he will be born!  Oh how excited I am to see my baby boy Isaac become a big brother. He has been MORE than amazing this week as I have went through a lot of craziness and pain with this pregnancy, he now brings my blanket to me multiple times throughout the day and says "here you go mommy". I think he thinks it will help me feel better. It's so sweet! The other night when I got in the door and was in a lot of pain bending over at the fireplace trying to deal with the pain, Isaac came up to me welcoming me home and I told him mommy had a booboo and immediately he came over and kissed my leg at his height, kissing my booboo! Then a little bit later I was laying on the floor in pain and told him we needed to pray for mommy and usually unless we are praying for food, he will say no but immediately this time he folded his hands and went on to pray for me. Then a little bit after that I was leaning over the coffee table dealing with the pain and Jim and I heard him crawl up on the stool trying to get my medicine off the counter (tums) to bring to me and he was saying "mommy feel better, mommy feel better"...he was trying to get my medicine to help me feel better and then gave me a big precious hug. He melts my heart completely! Love my Isaac James ♥
One thankful Momma!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love that song. It has been really special to me on my Evie journey. God is good. Praising Him with you for the miracle of 30 weeks <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 weeks --praising God with you :)!

    ReplyDelete