Photobucket

Friday, January 18, 2013

Micaiah's Nursery!

Micaiah's nursery is coming together and it's so exciting! I remember doing Isaac's and how fun it was and now getting to do it again for our second baby boy is just as fun! Thankfully this time around we have so much of what we need already like the crib, changing table, rocker, swing etc so that is so nice and saves us so much money! The only things we still need are a mattress, curved/contoured changing pad (one that came with our changing table for Isaac was so big no covers fit it and it eventually wore out) and curtains. We still have 8ish weeks to go so hopefully we will be able to get the rest of what we need before Micaiah comes! The mattress used for the pictures is Isaac's actually, so I just borrowed it for the pictures and then put it back on Isaac's toddler bed haha!

We ordered all this stuff a month or so ago, using gifts & such to get the items we needed. The thing above his crib is a vinyl wall decal and I plan on cutting out a saying of vinyl on my Cricut that says "Owl always love you" to put somewhere too, I just haven't gotten to it yet. There are some last minute things I want to do but they are just "wants" so if I can't do them, it's ok but if I can, I want to try and find some more cute owl decor and cute colorful frames etc to sit on the shelf and top of the diaper cabinet!

We are so excited to bring Micaiah into our family. This morning Isaac and I were skyping with my mom and we weren't even talking about the baby at all and out of no where, Isaac pointed down and touched my belly and showed mamaw and said "baby micaiah right there" ... SO VERY CUTE! I love Isaac so much! The other night he was shaking the baby swing violently saying "rock the baby" ... Jim and I were cracking up and realized we need to teach him some things before baby brother comes so that he is more gentle and such! :) I remember going into Isaac's nursery and sitting and just staring, dreaming and praying for our little one. At that time, we didn't even know when the agency would call us saying they had a baby for us, but we knew God did and we prayed and I remember so many precious moments in his nursery praying for him before he even came. Now I'm doing the same thing in Micaiah's nursery. I find myself just sitting in the quiet in there rocking and looking around. Dreaming and praying for my little Micaiah, Isaac and our family!

Without further ado, here is the nursery so far minus a few things!!!

Inside bumper pad and sheet! (we use bumper pad more for looks as baby doesn't sleep in crib for many months and the bumper pad doesn't come in handy until baby is old enough to roll over and around and scoot...then the bumper pad comes in handy because it keeps them from bumping their heads, dangling limbs out the railings and throwing pacifers through railings! We won't keep stuffed animals in crib with baby either, this is just for looks for pictures!)

Close up of bedding! I found each fabric online that I loved and put them together and had someone make it!

Add caption



The lady that did the bedding made those wooden, fabric covered Micaiah blocks on the shelf. They actually have brown ribbon to hang them up and I plan on doing so on another wall because I don't want them to be too close to the other wall with the vinyl name and owl...i know i'm weird haha

The other day we had our ultrasound and Micaiah did awesome! I was 28 weeks, 2 days at the ultrasound (now 28 weeks, 5 days) and he was measuring 29 weeks, 4 days at the ultrasound and weighed 3 lbs even. HOW AWESOME IS THAT! I have 3 lbs of baby in me...love! I can tell too because not only am I feeling all the sudden kicks and movements, I am feeling all the slow rolling around and watching my belly move like there is a roller underneath it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE watching him move around in my belly...it is something I will forever cherish! They did some 3D pictures for us at the ultrasound and our scanner broke so this image isn't the greatest because I took a picture of a picture with my phone but here is our little boy...i LOVE him so much already and cannot wait to hold two baby boy's in my arms!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've picked out! It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristin! I had a blast putting it all together and thanks to my awesome hubby who did most of the painting and putting together of the furniture! :)

    ReplyDelete