Photobucket

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Month 3 results on the Grace & Strength weight loss program!

WOW! It's been 3 months already. I am so thankful that God has helped Jim and I through these past 3 months to change our eating habits, the reasons why we eat and all the emotional issues behind (especially for me) and for us to see food in a whole new way! That alone is worth it but we have also lost a combined total of 154 lbs in 3 months. Jim made his goal just yesterday! I am SOOOOO proud of him. He has officially lost his 80 lbs he wanted to lose so now he is in the next phase of the program where they teach him to maintain! Of course we love wearing much smaller size clothes and looking nicer but the one thing we both love is all the energy we have. We are doing so much more now and dancing all the time together in our living room with isaac and we have all these outdoor activities for winter and next spring/summer that we want to do now. Things we wouldn't have done last year because we wouldn't have had the energy or been able to because of our weight. It truly is SO FREEING to have this weight off! I still have some left but my goal is to meet my goal by the end of month 4! I would have had even more weight loss but I had my first plateau this month. First one i've ever had and boy was it hard. It lasted a whole week and a half where the scale wouldn't budge and some days even went up .2 or so. I ate so well, exercised and so it was hard to work so hard at it and see no results but i have heard that plateau's are just a normal thing of people who lose weight and I remember seeing many of the contestants on the biggest loser shows in every season have them too so I knew I would get past it but it was so hard while I was on it but my coach worked with me and encouraged me through it and I made it through! So if your losing weight and ever hit a plateau...DONT GIVE UP...just keep going (or as dory on finding nemo says...just keep swimming) and you will eventually start to lose again. If you ever get discouraged and hit a plateau while losing, just message or contact me and i'll try and help you through it since now ive been through it myself and made it through! Here are our results...

Jim: Total weight loss: 80 lbs in just 3 months. No more to go. He is at goal.
April: Total weight loss: 74 lbs in just 3 months. 26 lbs to go until my goal!

Jim inches: Jim lost a total of 27 inches on the Grace & Strength program.
April inches: I've lost a total of 36 inches so far and still going!

Here are month 3 pictures from before to present!!!






10 comments:

  1. You guys look great! Good job! I have some other friends doing the HCG diet as well, they seem to do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Grace and Strength. I have just spent the last 30 minutes or so weeping over your story of loss, love and hope. I just wanted to say that you both look amazing! I am so happy that you found Grace and Strength and have chosen to do something so wonderful for yourselves. Thanks for sharing your most precious and vulnerable places with all of us in cyber land. I have gone through infertility and though I have never lost a baby, there are things about your story that ring so true to my heart. I am thankful that you have a precious adopted son and rejoice with you in the hope of Heaven and seeing your precious little ones again someday.
    In Him
    Peggy Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO proud of you two. You both look amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. April!! Oh my goodness. You look amazing. You were beautiful before, but now you glow in that way when a woman FEELS confident. You should be SO proud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look soooo amazing! I am SO happy for you two! WOW!!!! (plus I totally love your shirt of course - I still wear mine alllll the time!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. De-lurking. You look beautiful and this is so inspirational!

    Congratulations on this amazing accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So incredible! I think having more energy would defintely be my modivation for losing weight. I'm always tired :(!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You both look great!! You've officially inspired my husband and I to get moving and eating healthy! Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys look great! You've inspired me to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete