QUESTION: So are you guys going to try again or adopt?
Right now here is where we stand. Jim and I both know 100% for sure we want to adopt again, actually we badly want to start the process right now but we have medical debt and a loan we are paying off. It is a BIG goal, but our goal is to have it paid off by December of 2012 so that in January of 2013 we can start the process for our next adoption. We wish we didn't have to wait that long, we truly want to start it now, but we also feel it's important for us to become good stewards of our money and pay our debt off too. Now these are just plans, and as we all know plans change and God might have something different in mind.
We are still not for sure if we want to try again. Losing Annabelle was the hardest thing we've ever had to go through and we just don't think we could go through that again. We know I would definitely need surgery during or before pregnancy to have a cerclage put in and we would have to decide whether it be a TAC or a TVC cerclage. You know how your suppose to have your 4-6 week post-partum check up with the doc after delivering your baby? Well, it's been 5 months and i have still not went. I know it's because I dont want to have to face it, the questions I have for the midwife and being in that place where we had so many happy memories of feeling her move, finding out she was a girl etc. I will though, I will eventually go and then they will refer me to a specialist who deals with IC (incompetent cervix), I'm guessing. We have discussed that we do want to go to the specialist and hear what they have to say and what they could do and factor all the risks and chances in and then pray about it and have a plan in case God would ever lead us to try again.
So our answer is YES adoption, but not for sure when and maybe on the trying again. Only God knows the plans He has for us and we have given our family to Him and are letting Him build our family. So we will wait and see. For now, we are enjoying Isaac to the fullest and thanking God for our precious baby boy. When we do adopt, we are still deciding on Uganda or another country or domestic again. Many factors to weigh and so many children out there that need mommy's and daddy's!
p.s. on a side note, i am converting my blog to a book. I've been wanting to do this for a long time so for our combined Christmas present, Jim and I are going to get our blog from the beginning of our adoption journey through Isaac's first birthday put into book form, it will be around 300ish pages in a hardcover and i've seen some of these and they look absolutely amazing. I am so excited because with all the information we lost with our old hard drive, if anything ever happens to this blog I will lose even more precious moments and memories.
Thank you so much for sharing your heart like this. I pray for you so much.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that is a question you guys field a lot but it sounds like you guys have a great "plan"! Being faithful stewards is very important and I also know that you guys are listening to God and if he calls you to adoption sooner, you will listen :) God has a wonderful plan for your family, this I know!!!
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you. I can't imagine your situation or how difficult that desicion must be.
ReplyDeleteBlessings~Miranda