Photobucket

Saturday, April 3, 2010

We may not be experiencing nausea...

...but we sure are experiencing fuzzy head syndrome (haha i made it up) and cramped fingers from all our paperwork!  Let me tell you, we thought our last home study, which was an international one, wasn't too bad for the paperwork BUT this new home study conversion we are doing for our domestic adoption has SO MUCH MORE!


We got our packet in today from ABGC (Adoptions by Gentle Care) with all the paperwork we need to fill out!  Our agency said we might not need to fill it all out since we are doing a home study conversion from our international home study and making it into a domestic one.  However, there is A LOT more involved and more to do with a domestic home study!  This coming week we would appreciate your prayers as we will be trying hard to get all the requirements, paperwork and profile done before our meeting next Friday!  
Additions that we need to do for our domestic home study are the following:

  • Take a CPR class 
  • Take  a child-care class at our local hospital 
  • Read two required books. 
  • Get letter from local police department of criminal check. 
  • Letter from health insurance stating our baby will be covered at birth or at time of placement. (Praying they will do so) 
  • BMV traffic record 
  • More home study questions!

Along with all of those extra things we need to do, we also have to get our profile ready!  They have an awesome professional service that does it for us!  We have to write at least 100 words on at least six of the many topics they presented us, write a letter of at least 500 words to the birthmother and include 25-30 pictures that they will choose to put in the profile!  The printed out profile is four pages and is beautiful!  There will also be an online one also!   They ask for pictures of Jim and I, pictures of us with children, with family, our house, neighborhood and vacations and such!  This profile is going to take AWHILE and to be honest, I am nervous about all the writing because this profile could make the birthmother choose or not choose us!  I am afraid of writing something in it that might scare the birthmother away!  I am praying God would give me the write words to write down for our profile! 
We have our first meeting with our agency this Friday and Saturday.  From 10-4pm the first day and 9-4 the second day.  It includes LOTS of training, meeting a birthmother, lots of information etc.
Sample below of what our profile will look like, this is a sample they sent us:



 Today I picked out the 25-30 photos we need!  Hoping I picked out good ones!  Here are a few that we picked for our front page close-up...which one is your vote?
Love to all,

18 comments:

  1. Either the first one or the last one is my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote either the first one or the fifth one. although, i must say, i love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first is my pick but I wanted to see everyone else's vote incase mine was bad! :0) haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i forgot to add one...its the second to last one that I added! i love this one but I dont know if its a first picture or one that should go in the middle of the profile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Allison, the first one or the last one! but....they are all good. Best of luck, April and Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. April & Jim,

    First of all, I honestly believe, that if don't think/worry about what would be right and wrong to put in a letter to birth mother and just be yourself, let your heart and faith show in your words like you do here on the blog, any woman wanting the best of the best for her child will pick you guys hands down. I love the picture of you guys at the bottom (Jim kissing your cheek & your eyes closed) it doesn't look like a pose but like a special moment caught on camera. Will be praying for you guys.
    L. Waterer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only see four pictures. Is there a fifth one? I like the first one on the beach and the last one with him kissing you. Very cute pictures. I agree with the last comment. God has a special birth mother already picked out for you, your profile will not mess his plan up! I had no idea there was more paper work to do if you switched..yuck..but at least you know you are going somewhere and domestic adoption cannot be "closed" I am so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So much to do (again!)

    AGCI told us that it is against the law for insurance companies to NOT cover adopted children, but a lot of agencies just require a letter anyway so don't worry too much about that. At first Peter's company tried to say they didn't cover adopted children, but after he informed them of the law they changed their story!

    I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first or last one. I cannot imagine more paperwork :) that is crazy. We did have to do some of the things you have listed for our dossier though. Hope it goes by quickly for you.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My pic is either the black and white one or the one of your wedding. In these you can tell you are smiling from your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the last two. You look so genuinely happy and in love in both. I'll be praying that all of this comes together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are all very cute, but I love the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmm.... I'm going to go with the first one at the beach or the third one because it's a close up and shows off your beauty! Truth be told, they are all adorable! Tough choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they are all very cute, but I love the 1st one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My pic is either the black and white one or the one of your wedding. In these you can tell you are smiling from your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmmm.... I'm going to go with the first one at the beach or the third one because it's a close up and shows off your beauty! Truth be told, they are all adorable! Tough choosing!

    ReplyDelete