Now that hopefully within the next couple weeks we will be getting on the waiting list, we realized we need to actually start getting the nursery ready! Yes, it could takes months but we could also be one of the couples that gets the 24 hour emergency call right after being put on the list. We don't have anything yet! Our friends who are throwing our first shower asked us to register soon, so we are going to go to Target and Baby Depot tomorrow and register! We are PUMPED about registering! We remember how fun it was to beep the registry gun at anything you liked, when we registered for our wedding! I remember Jim would just randomly beep things or try to beep me with the registry gun! I think I had to go back later and erase a lot of items! :0)
So, after looking at I am guessing probably EVERY bedding set that has ever been made, we realized we wanted to go neutral because even if we find out this baby's gender, we want to find a bedding that we love and can use for all our children, if we are blessed to have more! That way, by using the same bedding for all our children, we will save money in the long run. So we realized we didn't want any specific theme and the neutral gender bedding pics were really soft colors and really boring, so we kept looking! That is when I found this... it's Carey by Caden Lane...
BUT...it is $450 and that is just WAY out of our budget for bedding! My heart was set on those types of patterns and colors though. It was the DREAM bedding for us! So, I started looking on www.etsy.com for women who custom made crib bedding. I found someone Rockey Top Design and she was willing to help me find fabrics and try to make one similar to this one pictured above for half the cost of the original!
So last night we got to working on searching fabrics and we finally found them all! What I loved about this process was I ended up finding all the ones we are using so its fun to know I actually designed our babies crib bedding! It's great for both genders, its bright, fun and colorful and will look great with the dark brown furniture we are going to register for! Here are the fabric swatches so you can get an idea of what it will look like...
I ABSOLUTELY love it and cannot wait until it's done ! It takes 7 weeks to be made and come in, so even if we get the baby by then, I figured we will be ok since the first 2-4 weeks the baby will be sleeping in the bassinet in our room anyways!
So now we officially have one thing done for the nursery! YAY!
Love to all,
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love the fabric swatches that you have chosen. They are lovely!
ReplyDeleteSo cool. Love them. Our baby is 7 months old and still sleeps with us, or beside us in the bassinet!
ReplyDeletebeautiful!!!! LOVE IT!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat will be adorable when it's all put together. Can't wait to see pics.
ReplyDeleteThe striped fabric is going to be the sheet! The teal blue with white dotted circles will be the bumper! I cannot wait to see it when its all done!
ReplyDeleteWhat cute fabrics! And how fun that you got to pick out the fabric yourself!
ReplyDeleteThe striped fabric is going to be the sheet! The teal blue with white dotted circles will be the bumper! I cannot wait to see it when its all done!
ReplyDelete