Photobucket

Thursday, April 8, 2010

3 little monkeys...

I had no other idea what to title this post so that's why I put 3 little monkeys!  Reason why I wrote that is because I just got done molding three little monkeys out of fondant, each holding a banana, for a first birthday cake I am making tomorrow!  One monkey is sitting up with his legs dangling over the side of the cake, one is laying down on his back and the other one is laying on his side with his legs crossed!  They are SOOOO cute!  I will take pics once I get the whole cake done tomorrow and post on my cake blog, incase you want to see!

Anyways...moving on to adoption stuff!  We are excited!  Jim is taking tomorrow off because from 10-4pm tomorrow and 9-4pm on Saturday we have to head to Columbus to go to meetings/training/info that our adoption agency is putting on.  What's nice is they are providing a really nice catered lunch both days for free!  We get to meet a birthmother there and hear her story, which I am also looking forward to!

I emailed our complete profile kit to the company that makes our adoption profiles.  There were 74 short-answer questions, 8 topics that we had to write between 100-300 words each on, one 640ish word birthparent letter and 31 photos submitted for this thing (they choose 10-15 to use from the 31)!  It will be four pages total and I cannot wait to see it once it is all done!  This company does amazing profiles!   They emailed me back saying they got it all and it looked good and for me to look out for our proof in 12-14 days!  We are super excited because if we have our last home study visit within the next two weeks and are able to figure out the rest of the money we need, then we could get on the waiting list as soon as two weeks but we are guessing it will be more around 3-4!  We would love to be on the waiting list by the first of May! 

More exciting news...now that we do not know what gender we will be getting, Jim and I were talking and we actually like not knowing.  We both think its fun with it being a surprise!  We started talking names today for a boy incase Isabella becomes a boy...haha!  What's cool is we both loved the same name!  I will give you a hint...it means "Laughter"!  So His name would be Laughter James Starkey...haha you can figure out the real name, if you want!  James, the middle name, is Jim's name of course and both of our fathers names too. Plus it fits really well with the first name!   If its a girl we are sticking with Isabella which means God's promise and many other things (we did a post on the meaning of this name awhile back, if you want to check it out) BUT we do not have a middle name yet so if you have any suggestions, feel free!  We were trying to figure some out today but couldn't really come up with any that fit well with Isabella ______ Starkey!

We got the cutest little thing the other day!  Michele, Jim's mom and his dad go to Alaska a lot and they just recently got back.  Michele bought us this cute little ornmanet of an eskimo women with a furr hat and purple dress on carrying a little baby on her back.  Which I LOVE because I looked like an eskimo as a baby and they actually put american indian on my birth certificate!  It is darling!  Here's a pic of it...

Love to all,

6 comments:

  1. The two middle names that came to me for Isabella are Hope and Joy, both of which I find very fitting for you guys. And they both flow well. =)

    I love the boys name (as long as no other name out there means laughter!). It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with joy thats a good middle as well as faith. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Astrid. It means God's strength. But Joy is good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo exciting!!!! that ornament is TOO super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boy name! I like Hope for a middle name...precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with joy thats a good middle as well as faith. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete