Photobucket

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sunny Florida...

We had a blast this weekend. We had an extended weekend in Florida visiting Jim's brother Sam. This weekend he graduated from Florida State University's Law School. So Jim's parents and us went down to Florida for the graduation ceremony and came a bit early and stayed a day or so after, to spend some time together! We had a great time and actually did quite a bit in the few days we were there and we loved everything we did! Isaac loved getting to know uncle Sam and Aunt Auri more since he doesn't get to see them that often because of distance. He also got to know their dog Maggie and loved throwing the ball and playing with her! We went to Thomasville Georgia on Friday night and ate at a VERY yummy restaurant that I HIGHLY recommend if your near there. The restaurant is called
Jonah's Fish & Gritz

We went to some cute little shops in Thomasville and then went and saw "The Big Oak", which is one of the most beautiful, big trees I've ever seen. Pictures below!  Saturday was Sam's graduation and then we had a yummy lunch and then went to these beautiful gardens in the evening. On Sunday we went to St. George Island and had such a great time. It was Isaac's first time at the ocean and he LOVED it! After lunch Jim's dad rented jet-ski's for Jim & I and Sam & Auri to go out on for an hour. It was my first time riding one and once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed it! Here are some pictures from our trip...

Daddy & Isaac on our first flight of the day from Columbus to Charlotte!

Watching Despicable Me on daddy's phone on the plane! He was AMAZING on all 4 plane rides there and back. We got so many compliments especially on the way there on how good he was from people and flight attendants.
We went to this neat store in Thomasville that was an eco-friendly, fair trade store and we found this adorable hat made in Ghana that Isaac loved so we just had to get it for him! He actually wears it more than most hats!

Jim & I outside Jonah's Fish & Gritz!

Being silly together while waiting to be seated!
SMOOCH!

Our family at Jonah's Fish & Gritz...man I want some more of their food...AMAZING scallops, shrimp & salad!

Aunt Auri playing and singing a song in the car after dinner! He loved it! He says her name so cute!

Our family underneath the Big Oak tree in Thomasville, Georgia!

"The Big Oak" in Thomasville, Georgia

Mommy & Isaac going to the pool
Isaac slept in bed with us every night, which we loved!

Isaac and Daddy outside waiting for uncle Sam's graduation to begin!
I was impressed for how well he did for a 22 month old sitting inside for 1.5 hours!

Mommy & Isaac walking in to uncle Sam's graduation!
Look at that adorable grin!

Uncle Sam put his hat on Isaac and he LOVED it. He wore it almost the whole way back to the apartment!
Jim's youngest brother Sam right after his law school graduation ceremony with us!
Jumping into daddy's arms in the pool!


Playing fetch with Maggie.


He loves watermelon!

We went and walked around these beautiful gardens.


Isaac, Jim and Michele (Jim's mom)

LOVE this. I smile just remembering how happy Isaac was everytime I threw him in the air!

I LOVE their trees there!




It was hot out so grandpa helped isaac cool his feet off in the reflection pool ;0)

Super geek to the rescue!
Daddy and Isaac in the ocean...Isaac's first time in the ocean!




Mommy & Isaac waiting for lunch at the Blue Parrot on the beach!


After a VERY long day at the beach! Worn out but worth it, it was so much fun!
I think he may like spaghetti...JUST a little haha ;0)






 Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. April, I've been following your blog for a while and I been super encouraged by your incredible faith and amazing attidude. I just have to tell you that you look absolutely amazing. Be proud! You are a truly inspiring woman!

    ReplyDelete