Photobucket

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sun room to toy room!

We have this beautiful little sunroom off of our living room downstairs and it has beautiful big newer windows and I just love it. It at one time was a cake room when I did cakes, a computer room and then it turned into a junk room. Literally...i didn't take a picture but I should have but just imagine a few years worth of computer stuff, scrapbooking stuff, cake stuff, odds and ends and totes and boxes including a dog box all in one little room...yeah it was CRAZY!  So my dear wonderful husband took this week and cleaned it all out and today ripped up all the disgusting old carpet and scrubbed, cleaned and mopped the exiting old hardwood floors underneath. I went out and bought cute and colorful curtains that would be perfect for a playroom and hung them up and then Jim and I put in the carpet tiles tonight...UNFORTUNATELY I did not order enough and we are almost done with the room but we will need to order some more tiles in and finish it completely after we get back from Florida. The toy storage bin we wanted could only be ordered online so I ordered it today and it will be in the store for us to pick up when we get back from Florida also. Here is what it looks like...

I took a few pictures with my phone tonight so they won't be the best quality since its late and dark and they were taken with my phone but here is the room so far...you can see the edges do not have carpet yet as we ran out and the toy storage bin is missing. I plan on eventually hanging some colorful kid art/frames on the wall to add color too! So you are seeing it in the middle/almost done stage! It's come a long way...oh yeah we also will touch up the trim with white paint to, which will add a little extra to the room!






Photobucket

1 comment: