In the beginning of the song it talks about the mountaintop and seeing how God was there even then orchestrating all the events in our lives, He was always there, always faithful and never left us. It makes me think about the mountaintop parts of my life, like my growing up years with my amazing parents who love the Lord, meeting and starting to date Jim when I was just 15 and how God brought us together and through all our teenage years, the day I married Jim, the day we adopted Isaac and so many more. Then other parts of the song talk about through all the battles and trials and all we have overcome, we see God's hand in them and seeing how every victory was His power in us. It makes me think the stuff we went through with our old church and the how even then, He was with us, every step, guiding and directing us and delivered us and set us free and brought us to the church we are at now. I then think about how when Jim and I first got married and said for better or for worse, we would have never thought that we would have 6 kids by our 6th anniversary and have 5 of them waiting for us in heaven. 4 miscarriages throughout the years and then just recently losing our beautiful Annabelle is enough to make most go into deep depression, get divorced, commit suicide or other awful things. I remember a social worker coming in my room the day after I delivered annabelle and she was wondering if I had ever been through depression since I had four previous losses before annabelle and I said no and her mouth dropped, like she couldn't understand how in the world I could have gone through what we've gone through and not sink into utter despair and never climb out and she asked how and I said God, my strength comes from Him! She didn't know what to say then and just left.
You see, we could have easily had all those things that I mentioned above happen to us, we are no greater than the next person, nor any stronger just because we've faced this lost so many times...but it is because WE NEVER WALKED ALONE! NEVER ONCE, DID HE LEAVE US ON OUR OWN. He is faithful, can I repeat that...HE IS FAITHFUL! He has carried us by His grace and held us with His peace. Though we have scars and struggles, we also have joy because of His faithfulness. I can say that through all we've gone through in our lives, the good and bad...I can look back and see His hand in every step of it. We were never alone, He was always there and will always be. That day when we delivered Annabelle from my womb into His arms...HE WAS THERE. That is why we are doing as well as we are for what we've been through, that is why we have the hope we have, that is why we have the joy we have...all because of Him, not by our own strength but by His alone.
What a great post, friend! It is through Him we do all that we do and endure what we endure. :) I have struggled and had the hardest years of my life the last few years (NOTHING compared to what you have been through, though). But more times than I can count I have been utterly broken and fallen on my knees crying out to Him that I just couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't strong enough. There, broken and crying, He filled me with His peace and strength. Repeatedly, every time I broke. He is ever faithful, ever loving, and all we need. <3
ReplyDelete