Photobucket

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The joys of pregnancy...

It's fun to finally be able to write about this pregnancy and baby since for so long we were keeping it a secret and I couldn't write about it! Around 9ish weeks my morning sickness was tapering off and I thought YAY, i might be one of those girls who loses the morning sickness a little sooner than some but let me tell you, around 10 1/2 weeks to week 11 it came back FULL FORCE! I feel like I have pretty much been having morning sickness and a headache constantly the past two days! Even with eating something every 2 hours and drinking lots of water, but you know what, I don't mind it. Of course its super hard having it and being tired with little Isaac because I feel bad that I cannot get on the floor and play with him as much but I am SOOO thankful for this sickness and this pregnancy and baby...I feel so blessed and so I do not mind AT ALL having this morning sickness!

It was so funny last night, I was really sick and knew I needed to eat something so I remembered we had another filet left from the other night when we had a family get-together at Jim's parents so I went to get it but soon as I opened the container and smelled the beef I got sick and had to put it away....i enjoyed that filet SO MUCH just two days ago but last night I could not handle it. So then I decided to pull out some yummy chicken salad that my father in law made me. I had just had some earlier in the day and handled it fine and really enjoyed it. However, as soon as I took the first bite, I got sick again and couldnt even handle the smell of it anymore and Jim had to take it away from me. He kept laughing at me but then felt bad because he knew I was so sick. At least I gave him a good chuckle! ;0)

So around 10 at night he so kindly went out to the store and got me ginger ale and fruit snacks, which were the ONLY things that sounded good at the time. They worked, the sickness left for the time being and I was able to go to sleep! Thanks sweety!

I've been living in stretchy pants at home because the only jeans that fit me are to the point where I have to unbutton and unzip them everytime I sit down, which makes it hard to where them if i am somewhere where I cannot do that, so I am SOOOO excited for Friday because I am going to go and get me my first pair of maternity pants! YAY!

I went in yesterday to hear the heart beat again since I had that spotting over the weekend and we heard it again beautifully beating away! It was so awesome and so nice knowing the baby is doing great! God continually amazes me! It still is so crazy awesome that I have this little baby moving, jumping and kicking around in me. Baby's are such miracles!

Love you all,

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. April, during both of my pregnancies I had times where I couldn't handle meat or sometimes only the smell of it cooking. When pregnant with Leah I had to sit outside during part of Thanksgiving because the smell of the turkey cooking made me sick. Once I ate it I was okay though. I still to this day have a hard time with chicken on the bone because it grossed me out so bad when I was pregnant with Derek! I also had a hard time with certain food textures!
    Praise the Lord for these temporary and minor difficulties though! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April I am just so unbelievably happy for you! I can't imagine how amazing this all is after what you've been through! A dream come true! Such a tiny but HUGE miracle! Enjoy every moment as I know you will. I just can't believe it! What a precious gift!! :)

    Lots of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to hear details about your pregnancy!! What a miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you and continue to multiply your family. Thankyou for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless you and continue to multiply your family. Thankyou for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to hear details about your pregnancy!! What a miracle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. April, during both of my pregnancies I had times where I couldn't handle meat or sometimes only the smell of it cooking. When pregnant with Leah I had to sit outside during part of Thanksgiving because the smell of the turkey cooking made me sick. Once I ate it I was okay though. I still to this day have a hard time with chicken on the bone because it grossed me out so bad when I was pregnant with Derek! I also had a hard time with certain food textures!
    Praise the Lord for these temporary and minor difficulties though! We are so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete