Photobucket

Monday, April 4, 2011

Isaac's first hair cut!

Can I just say, I am in LOVE with my baby boy's hair! I just love all of his cork-screw curls and I could play with them all the time if he would let me! However, we noticed lately that even after using all his hair product that usually works wonders, is hair was still a little big and starting to get a bit out of control. I was guessing it was around 4 inches when stretched out so we decided to get his hair cut for the first time this past Saturday! Jim's cousin Amanda is a cosmetologist and so we went to the salon she works at and had her cut his hair.  He did such an amazing job sitting on daddy's lap, he just chewed on Amanda's comb the whole time, it was so cute! I was so proud of how well he did and he looked so cute getting his hair cut. Amanda measured his hair and it was actually 5 inches long, so an inch longer than I thought! So here are some pictures I captured from the moment...

BEFORE:


DURING:






AFTER:



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. He is so precious. Glad he did okay during his first hair cut. WeeMan is not a fan of haircuts - even though he has had several.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April,
    At what age did you start using product on Isaac's hair and what kind?

    He's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin, we started a few months back or so. We realized just baby oil, or lotion or conditioner alone were not controlling his hair enough so we researched and ended up buying from these ladies... http://curlsbysisterssmith.com/default.aspx who were highly recommended from other adoptive parents. I bought their conditioner, wet set pudding and quick fitz spray. I spray his hair first and then comb it out and put some wet set pudding in which makes all the curls really curl well and shrink down and look amazing. I use the conditioner for his bath time! I love the products and everyone comments on how yummy he smells because we order it in the brown sugar scent!

    ReplyDelete