WE ARE PREGNANT!
There is so much I want to say in this post and I am sure I will fail to say all that we want to say but I am going to at least try! (it's a long post but SO worth the read)
For those of you who know our story, our history...you know we have had four miscarriages, one even after hearing a beat and had been to countless doctors in Ohio and even in Chicago and was diagnosed with many things and was put on many medicines and treatments and was told my body saw each baby as a foreign object and would attack and kill it. After starting IVIG treatment, a treatment which the doc in Chicago said would help our chances of keeping the baby rise to 80%, we were having no luck at getting pregnant and so Jim and I started praying and we just gave our family to God and told Him that even if it meant us never having kids, we just wanted Him to put His desires for our lives in our hearts so they would match His and so that is when He started strongly putting adoption in our hearts. He led us down the beautiful path that led us to our little miracle baby boy Isaac who was suppose to be aborted but God had other plans for him. We are forever grateful that our Heavenly Father chose to entrust us with Isaac. Our plans from there were to adopt in a year or so....
....well that was until this past January when I started getting sick and my period was late so I took a test expecting it to be negative since we were not trying. See, we decided after God led us to adoption that we were not going to ever do medicines or IVIG/treatments again unless He specifically told us too, and we were not going to try anymore. We wanted to do this so that if we ever did get pregnant and carry to full term, HE WOULD GET ALL THE GLORY...and so this is exactly what has happened and now no doctors, no medicine, no treatments can take credit for this, my body that always attacked and killed our babies is now nurturing and growing this little life inside of it and it is ONLY because of God. He deserves all the credit, all the glory, honor and praise for this pregnancy and this baby!
We've known now for 7 weeks or so but we just wanted to see how things went before we announced. We went in at 6 weeks, 3 days and got to see the baby and its heart beating on the ultrasound, which was beautiful. Though we decided to still keep the news to just family and pastors and such until we got farther along since with our first baby we saw the heart beat too but then it later passed. So we had been waiting for this appointment today before we told because we knew that if we got to HEAR and not just see the heart beat and get to this point in the pregnancy, it would be the farthest we have ever gotten and to be able to hear it is something we have never experienced either. So we went in today and the first 15-30 seconds while he was trying to find the heart beat with the doppler on my stomach, felt like an eternity BUT then came one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard, that brought tears to my eyes....the sound of life, the sound of our precious child's heart beating. It was amazing! The doc said it was beating at 190 beats per minute, which is wonderful! I cannot describe to you how it feels finally after all these times of bad appointments and miscarriages to have finally heard the heart beat and make it this far....i know we still have a long ways to go and truly at any point in the pregnancy something could happen but only God knows the number of our days so we just trust Him and we celebrate our little miracle baby!
Early into the pregnancy one night I was at church, coming back into the service from using the restroom (as you do a lot when pregnant) and I had just finished praying again asking God to just give me His peace and strength through this waiting process of wondering how the baby was doing...i walked into the worship center/sanctuary whatever you want to call it and right before my eyes was this framed verse they have on the wall, i have passed it a million times before but could have never told you what verse it was until that night. I started crying as I read it..."What is impossible with men, is POSSIBLE with God...Luke 18:27. It was like I just felt Him trying to point out to me that what seems impossible for us, is possible with Him. It gave me such peace. That verse has carried me through the past many weeks as we have just had to wait and not really know if the baby was ok. I can NEVER thank Him enough for this miracle, for making the impossible POSSIBLE in my body and giving us this miracle, this precious baby! My prayer is that all will go well and we will get to deliver and raise this baby and make Isaac a big brother and that we can share the testimony and story of this baby and how God made the impossible possible, with everyone we come across so that His name will be praised and He will get all the glory!
I could go on and on...it's still so surreal, like wow it's really happening, as I started to tear up at the doctor's office, he assured me that its totally fine for me to, since all we had been through and how happy he was for us to finally get some good news!
Here is an old ultrasound picture of our little miracle baby at just 6 weeks, 3 days old at the time...we didn't get another ultrasound today since we heard it so well on the Doppler. We are almost three months along now and almost entering into the second trimester. SO EXCITING!
"What is impossible with men, is POSSIBLE with God." ~ Luke 18:27

Oh April...tears of shear JOY!!!!
ReplyDeletePRAISE GOD! I will continue to keep you and the baby in my prayers! We serve a mighty God!
ReplyDeleteI am just beyond thrilled. I have wanted this for you and Jim for SO long. YEARS now! God has truly blessed you guys and I'm praying so hard for this sweet miracle! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing God we serve! Praying for your pregnancy and the new life you carry!
ReplyDeleteHallelujah! I'm so happy for you guys! I'm always so blessed when I read your blog posts because you always give God ALL the glory. Congratulations and have a happy, healthy 9 months.
ReplyDeleteOur God is so awesome! Truly! He is blessing you both so much. We'll be praying for your family! Way too cool!!!!
ReplyDeletePraise God. I am so happy for you. What a wonderful God we serve. Thank you for sharing. Your family will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeletePraise Jesus!! How amazing!! So, so happy for you, Jim and big brother Isaac!!! :) I'll be praying for a healthy pregnancy for you! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What wonderful news! When is your due date? I'm due Oct 11th. What an amazing blessing!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow!!! I about fell out of my chair when I saw Chelsey's announcement on FB!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so incredibly excited for you! I know I haven't gotten to know you real well over here on Blogger, even though I've been following since you started the adoption journey, but I feel like I know you so well from seeing your comments on Xanga all the time before you started this blog. So I am just thrilled for you and Jim! I have a huge grin on my face. :) I will add you and Baby to my prayer box! I had chills and tears in my eyes as I read this!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! I had a feeling off of one of your last posts! Praying for you and this little miracle! When is you due date? We have a similar story (miracle pg) and found out the end of February. God is good!
ReplyDeleteI've been praying for you guys since I saw your post on a prayer request thing for another blog. I am so so happy for you, Jim and Issac!
ReplyDeletePraise God!! Immeasurably More wasn't just a clever blog name. He is so good.
ReplyDeleteI am so so happy for you! I have been reading your blog for a while & loving the updates on how Isaac is growing up (since my son is not much different in age) and I am so excited that you have another little one on the way. How great is our God!
ReplyDeletePraise God! He truly works miracles in our world every day. Your family will be in my prayers as you continue forwards.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! PRAISE JESUS!
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord April and Jim!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh April...tears of shear JOY!!!!
ReplyDelete