I think Jim and I are both starting to nest! I am noticing all kinds of things that are bugging me like doors, cabinets, baseboards etc that are dirty that i seemed to never realize before. So we went to the dollar general market this morning and picked up a few cleaning supplies that we had ran out of and that is my project this weekend. Well, as much as I can do with a big belly in my way! :) Jim has already tackled two of his projects, which was cleaning out the downstairs living room closet and cleaning the upstairs toilet, which we thought was a goner but he did an amazing job and it looks brand spankin' new too! I'm very impressed with his cleaning skills! :) We have a few more things we want to tackle (cleaning wise) before little baby boy #2 comes along, just because we know once we are all home as a family of four, the first many months are going to be exhausting and we won't have as much energy or time to do what we can get done now!
Oh what a very realistic dream I woke up from this morning, about Micaiah being here, it was so beautiful. It was so real feeling with me holding him and feeding him. I woke up realizing it was a dream and was a little sad he wasn't here yet.
I washed the diaper bag the other day and started looking through Isaac's old newborn clothes to see which ones I want to pack for the hospital! It's so exciting, 27 days left to go and that is if all goes according to schedule so I want to get bag packed a little sooner just in case! :) I just can barely contain my emotions and excitement as we never thought we'd get to experience this and we were at peace with that but to be able to now go through this, is such a gift. The other night Jim and I laid there and felt Micaiah moving like CRAZY constantly for over 10-15 minutes and it was so beautiful. I cannot wait to see this little guy, this little precious life that God has given to Jim and I. I cannot wait to see Micaiah, who is part me and part Jim...i won't know what to think I'm sure. I remember the first time I saw Isaac. His birthmom handed him to me as soon as we walked into her hospital room. It was truly love at first site and I couldn't take my eyes off of him...I didn't once think about trying to bond with him, God instantly gave that to us and it's only grown stronger since and so it makes me so excited to get to experience having another son but in a totally different way. I feel so blessed that God has allowed us to experience both amazing ways to become a parent!
One more exciting note, today is one week away from the family baby shower my sister & mom are throwing us! Super excited!
Love,
April,
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you and Jim! Words do not adequately express how excited I am for you to hold that crying newborn baby in your arms....(and hopefully nurse him ;)...I check back often to see how y'all are doing. I feel like I know your family though we have only met through email and blogland....Enjoy nesting and making all the final preparations. It'll be here before you know it....so so happy for you!:)God is so good.
Such an exciting and blessed time. I so enjoy your updates on fb and here on your blog.
ReplyDeleteTry not to overdo it, as you nest and clean. Enjoy these last moments as Starkey Family Three and rejoice in the awesome things to come.
Hugs, love, and continued prayer, Amy F.