I have been SO busy lately, SERIOUSLY, probably busier than I have been in a VERY long time. I work full time because I have two part-time jobs that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE and am SO thankful for plus I have the biggest, awesomest (yes I just said that word that’s probably not a word haha) blessing of being a wife to Jim and mommy to Isaac, which keeps me busy too! I realized Isaac has been doing SO much lately that I’ve recorded at home but I need to write on here for friends & family to see and most importantly so at the end of the year when I print this out into a book for our family’s scrapbook, I will have all these memories to remember!
So here goes nothing…I’m going to do a fun bullet point post on some new things Isaac has been up to and post some VERY adorable pictures of the little guy!
- For the longest time Isaac has been saying “I love you” (in his voice) to us if we ask him to say it but on 3/28/12 he said it to me out of the blue without me saying or asking it first. Melted my heart! He then leaned down and kissed me through the crib bars and after we kissed, he went to the next crib bar and puckered up for another kiss and continued to do this to each new crib bar space and even went around the corner of the bed, giving me kisses between the crib bars until he ran out of room. MELT. MY. HEART!
- 3ish weeks ago, right at the end of 20 months entering into 21 months he started to say his alphabet letters. We didn’t even try to teach him, he would just bring us his cards with the letters on them and show us, so we would say what each letter was but never knew he was actually putting it all together and all of a sudden one day, as we went through them we realized he knew them. One smart boy! He can say them in any order, upside down and I LOVE how he says W! ;0)
- We have always prayed with Isaac. We know he of course doesn’t understand it all now but we know it’s a good practice to start and then continue to explain as he gets older. He has been folding his hands for as long as I can remember and will keep them folded the entire prayer. Well on 3/23 he said his first prayer by repeating after mommy. So sweet, simple and precious to this mommy’s heart. He said “Dear Jesus, I love you. Amen”
- He is repeating EVERYTHING we say now and saying letters he sees on our shirts or as we are out driving. I LOVE how he is literally learning OODLES of stuff every day!
- 4/2/12 (21 months old) Isaac figured out how to get out of his crib. His crib is made in a way where if you take off the front panel the front two legs come off so we have to save up and order the front two legs/rail so until then we have his mattress on the floor and he has been sleeping AMAZINGLY well and not coming out of the room at all. We are so proud of our little boy but kind of sad about how fast he is growing up. We love this new time of cuddling on his mattress with him each night as we both sit and read to him and tuck him in and pray together as a family. Moments we will always cherish!


i love the one of him waving on his bed lol ... Hi mom, I'm a big boy now! So super handsome :0)
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are ADORABLE! He is just too sweet! I love the first time they say I Love You! What a special moment!
ReplyDelete