Photobucket

Monday, February 13, 2012

Prayer...

I believe God is up to something BIG! Our pastor has been speaking on prayer and fasting and how fasting adds so much to a person's prayer life, I was just talking to my dad and grandpa the other night about prayer and Dad mentioned to me that he has been preaching on prayer also at their church and I saw the subject of what our guest speaker is preaching on this week at church when I was doing the bulletin's today and it is about prayer also. Can you just stop and think with me for a second ALL the things that await us for us to learn more about when it comes to prayer and our prayer life with God. I really believe He is up to something HUGE in revamping the way we all look at prayer, how we pray and for us to realize more fully JUST. HOW. POWERFUL prayer is.

I mean think about it, we get to pray to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The same God who rose Jesus from the dead. I think SO many times because we are so into our little lives, we think we are the big ones and that we just pray to God about our daily meals, to God about our protection or we just look to Him when we pray as so much smaller than He truly is. Do we really truly pray the way He has designed and created us to pray? I know I have failed at this so many times and God is awakening my heart so much to this.

I mean think about it...He is SO big, He is on His throne and is creator of ALL things. Just to know that HE loves us, has chosen us and wants to have this relationship with us and hear from us should be enough to make us fall flat on our face in reverent awe of Him every day. We should, instead of worrying about ASKING so much during our prayers, be praising Him, thanking Him and meditating on His splendor and majesty and glorious works! If we just stopped and did that, just SOUGHT Him and stopped asking so much and instead started listening more, started saying HERE I AM, I am weak. Pour Your life through me and may Your strength me shown through my weakness. Just imagine the changes in us that would happen because of that and how much more He could use us for His kingdom and glory!

I have SO MUCH to learn! I am SO thankful He doesn't give up on us or get tired when it takes us so long to get things. He is continually changing us to be more like Him...PRAISE God for that!

Love,
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment