Photobucket

Monday, October 24, 2011

2011 baby loss healing & memory walk

I haven't had a chance until now because of our computer being away getting fixed, to write about the baby loss walk and ceremony we were a part of on October 9th. I met a wonderful lady after losing Annabelle who herself has lost a child too and for four years now she has put together this walk and ceremony for parents and famillies who have lost a child whether through miscarriage, stillbirth, infant death or childhood death.

My mom & Jim's mom came with us. The ceremony was beautiful with lots of songs, I sang "I will carry you" by Selah and shared our story. Other's shared their stories and they had a time of naming all the babies names that were lost. We then had a balloon release, the walk and then a rose petal ceremony where we tossed rose petals into the river. Here are some pictures from it below and here is a link to watch a video that our local tv station did on the walk. It shows me singing some and my mom and I another time sitting in the audience. I was so honored to be a part of this. If you cannot see the video, click on the link that says if you cant see the video click here and then it opens up into a media file for you to watch.

Watch wmfd video on the baby loss ceremony here.


The tent area!

The founder of the walk Betty Daley and her daughter who wrote a beautiful song in honor of annabelle and two other girls.

Isaac got tired since he had a long morning at church so he knocked out in grammi's arms.

Here is my mom's sign, which includes my 5 and my sister's 2 children.








Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment