Photobucket

Friday, October 12, 2012

Random thoughts & Isaac stories...

I have a few things randomly to share! This week Isaac's new thing is saying "oh yeah", or "ok, alright", or "oh ok" and all of them are VERY exaggerated and emphasized in cute little ways with his voice...it's so adorable! He has been so amazing lately with how well he goes down for naps and bed. We found our groove, our rhythm with him that works so well and it melts our hearts to have special moments with him at bedtime now with everything going so well! Jim and I teased last night about how with this new little one on the way, we will try everything that worked for Isaac at each stage and it probably won't work for this one and that we will have to find a new system for the new little guy! :0)

  • Just a little part of my devotions this morning I want to share with you all and below the quote is my little thoughts into it and why it means so much to me! 

"...and since we think we know what would make us feel happy and complete - or, if we spin it more spiritually, what we would consider the greatest blessing - we pray for our dreams to come true. After all, Jesus told us to ask what we will and it would be done for us (john 15:7). We don't hesitate to tell God what our will is. BUT what if we come back down to earth and think a little more realist
ically, we have to realize God knows what will fulfill us better than we do. He knows the dreams we have - He probably even put some of them there - but He knows what form and timing their fulfillment should take. One of the GREATEST ways to honor God - to demonstrate your trust in who He is and how He works - is to relinquish your dreams to Him. Instead of asking Him to fulfill you according to your hopes and dreams, ask Him to fulfill you according to His hopes and dreams..." ~Worship the King Devotional
heartI remember for years when we were trying and trying, and going through infertility and so many troubles with having children, I remember people saying to me "but remember He will give you the desires of your heart" and I was confused by that for the longest time until He revealed to me that it's more about Him changing our desires to match His desires for our lives and then they would be fulfilled! So I remember the day I gave it over to Him, my hopes and dreams of being a mother. I gave it ALL to Him and said even if this means me NEVER being a mother, I want YOU God to have my hopes, my dreams, my desires and change them to what YOU what them to be for our lives and what you want to do through and in us and NO JOKE, it was almost instantly within days/weeks He changed Jim and I's hearts MAJORLY towards stopping fertility stuff and seeking adoption. We were only on the waiting list 5 1/2 weeks before getting Isaac...those WERE the plans God has for us and the desires and hopes and dreams and I am SO thankful we didn't miss out on them because we would have missed out on the most amazing little boy ever...ISAAC! (I tear up as I write that)


  • Another random Isaac thing... Moments I will never forget..."sitting on the chair together while I sang the boat song to Isaac (you must look it up if you don't know what it is, its by jj heller, I sing it to him everyday) and it came to the part in the song where you hum a few measures before the next verse and he hummed and smiled as he hummed and looked right into my eyes as he hummed along with me and it melted my heart. Then right before the chorus you do this set of "ooohs" and he did them with me and sang a few of the words too...he has my heart! ♥

  • ...and one last funny little random Isaac thing... The true joys of having a lil' boy...we were walking through target today and all of a sudden he gasps where loud like he was surprised and looked at me and said VERY loudly for all to hear around us.... "fart" ...haha I couldn't help but laugh as not just me but everyone around else found out my son just let some gas out! ;)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment