Adoption Journey #2:
-January 2016 - Sent in our application to Choosing Hope Adoptions.
-March 2016 - Started our home study visits, inspections, fingerprints and all that good stuff.
-April 2016 - Signed on with Hope Embraced Adoptions as well.
-May 2016 - Homestudy and profile done. On waiting list!
ISAAC'S ADOPTION JOURNEY:
~January 2nd 2010~ Send in our home study application and first installment fee of $650 to Cherub International home study agency.
~January 6th 2010~ Homestudy agency got our application and accepted us!
~January 19th 3:30pm~ First homestudy appointment/home inspection with our social worker.
~February 1st~ Got our BCI/FBI fingerprints done, got our passports done and our birth/marriage certified copies.
~February 3rd~ Found out visas are not being issued anymore until government issues get worked out in Uganda. This could take weeks, months or years!
~February 21st~ Final home study visit. Individual interviews with our social worker.
~March 26th~Found out we were approved for a $13,500 grant if we pursue african american domestic adoption. Still praying about whether to stay with Uganda or go with domestic.
~March 31st~ Sent in application along with $195 fee, sent in $325 profile fee and $1,000 home study conversion fee to Adoptions by Gentle Care, adoption agency in Columbus, OH! Decided after much, much, much prayer, to adopt our first domestically!
~April 9th & 10th~ Adoption training/meeting in Columbus with our agency!
~April 20th~ Found out God laid it on someone's heart to help us with the $10,000 we needed to get on the waiting list! Eph. 3:20!
~April 22nd~ Final home study visit to convert our international to a domestic one!
~April 28th~ Our profile is finished! Very close to getting on the waiting list!
~May 12th~ WE ARE ON THE WAITING LIST!!!!
~June 17th~ Our profile is on our agency's website now! YAY!
~June 22nd~ WE GOT THE CALL!
~June 24th~ He is home! God is so good! Ephesians 3:20!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just found your blog & wanted to say hello! I am also a "Buckeye" & Kendra did our HS update (we had a domestic HS converted to international). We are waiting for a court date for our little boy in Ethiopia. Blessings to you as you keep taking steps on your journey!! :O) ~Dardi
ReplyDelete"Isabella" meaning: Devoted to God!
ReplyDeleteI believe! May God touch you, Jim and Isabella in a mighty way! Love and prayers, Aunt Nina
wow... 6 months??????? That is a Total answer to prayer...Im amazed...not that I doubt it.. just the fact that it happened So fast!! :)
ReplyDeleteIf Tim and I dont concieve in 2 years.. were going to look into that.. so Ill be needing the Info.. as of right now we are going to wait even longer.. since Im in the process of getting Gastric bypass surgery... the thing with that is they encourage us to wait 18 months after surgery to get pregnant.. so with that said.. we are going to wait.. it wont be that bad since its already been 10 years.. im ok with it... I was just hoping I get pregnant before Im 40... I have 6 more years :) haha... anyway.. im so glad I found you on here...and on Facebook... Have a wonderful day!! By the way. Happy Late Anniversary!! love april
"Isabella" meaning: Devoted to God!
ReplyDeleteI believe! May God touch you, Jim and Isabella in a mighty way! Love and prayers, Aunt Nina
I just stumbled onto your website. Loved the video of Annabelle. My husband and I did private adoption 8 years ago and was able to deliver our daughter and bring her home from the hospital! What an amazing experience. God Bless you and your family!
ReplyDelete